Although I’ve been listening to a lot of REM this week and would have called it Automatic Music League 4 the People.
Ignore this, I meant I was in for the next league!
JazzIN for blue jeans, baby!
The Rounds for League 4 will be listed here in 5 mins…
Music League 4 gets underway on 18th August. These are the rounds that will feature and in this order. Time to get researching!!
- The Human Body.
- An artist with < 100,000 monthly plays on Spotify.
- Cover versions.
- Water. Anything Water related.
- Song titles made up of 4 words.
- Maths related song titles.
- A track to get you in the Mosh Pit
- Band of Five. A track performed by a Band that was known to have 5 members when the track was released.
- A Town or City in the track title.
- Parentheses in the song title. (Featuring doesn’t count)
- Punctuation marks in song title
- Protest Songs
- Discobot decides after 12pm today…
I will be IN, but only for one or two rounds. Going cold turkey.
Good list of rounds and thank you for whoever picked cover versions as I have been wanting that round since the first league.
The Human Body is one of my rounds. Since deciding on that, I’ve got a playlist with over 50 tracks on it and nearly all of them have the potential to be my pick. I hope it’s as open a topic for everyone else!
I think Protest Songs is going to be tough to distinguish between genuine protests and songs that simply highlight issues.
We need a round of Protest Songs against the Protest Song round.
Ooh I think we did this in DiS Mixtape Club once so I’ve got a ready made 20 track mix for this somewhere, but I’ll have to narrow that down to 1.
Got 2 great covers in mind that will be tough to chooae between.
I have such a good one for this, decided ages ago what I’d submit if this round ever happened. Just 2 short months in which to overthink and second guess myself…
Is there a difference really? If you highlight an issue you are protesting about it indirectly.
You’re probably right. Just didn’t want to incur the wrath of the pedants. Killing In The Name will win that round anyway.