🎷 Music League 5 - Billy Corgan is the Greatest! 🎷 Round 12 - A track that changed your perception of an artist. 🎷

This round kicks off on Friday. A track that changed your perception of an artist.

Top of leaderboard…

Music league… Music League

Past podium winning songs…

Prizes…

I wanted to pick this but its not on Spotify. Scatman john

It would’ve won

2 Likes

Ooh, not heard that before, thanks! Scatman was my first cd single, and a hero of mine. Glad I didn’t have to kingmake your song choice!

Not too sure what I will pick yet, as I’m not entirely sure ehih artists I have disliked/now like, or have changed my perceptions a lot. At the moment I’ve got a song from an artist that people might not like, and where this song might be a bit different and unexpected. (Not a Smashing Pumpkins tune)

1 Like

This playlist is going to be incredibly random. In my case, I’m thinking of submitting something by a band I had pre-formed an opinion on based on their name alone, but upon actually hearing them I was surprised at their sound. But I don’t know.

I can’t think of anyone off the top of my head where I hated their early stuff but liked the later stuff. And I certainly wouldn’t want to submit something where the other way is true.

never changed my mind about any artist ever

3 Likes

I’ve got one artist in mind for this. If they are taken then I’ve no idea what I’ll do.

Really annoyed I wasted that David Guetta song about food on preseason now.

1 Like

loved that one

wonder if anyone will submit a track that made me think worse of an artist :smiley:

This is the shortest shortlist of tracks I’ve had for any round, going to have to be lightening quick when the submissions open!

1 Like

This is the one I was most looking forward to

Bestest selection of hip hop to date imho

I prejudge bands by their name all the time. If it wasn’t part of Music League I would never have listened to maybeshewill two rounds ago

3 Likes

Yep, that’s like the time the band You’ve Got Foetus On Your Breath came up on music league, and… Ah wait. My preconceptions were met with that song.

1 Like

How picky are people going to be about this? What if a track completely and totally changed my perception but without context it just sounds like a track, by an artist. Totally normal stuff…

1 Like

I’ll trust you, Dayrider.

As long as you pass the interrogation.

1 Like

2 Likes

Yeah that counts, this is an especially personal choice surely. Like, you could have just judged them by their name and the first song you hear makes you a fan - THats legit, even if the tracks itself is normal by their standards

2 Likes

Yeah that’s what I’m thinking, it might not be obvious when browsing the playlist but what I have will certainly withstand a firm questioning so I’m happy now…

feel like we should all just talk about our picks and the reason for inclusion in this thread after the playlist comes out.

1 Like