🎷 Music League 5 - Billy Corgan is the greatest! 🎷 Round 13 Christmas!! 🎄

:christmas_tree:This round kicks off on Wednesday! It’s a short round and closes at 6pm on Christmas Day! :snowman:

Top of leaderboard

Uploading: 4DA80E1E-A99B-4C44-B92B-E5BFFEAA66A8.jpeg…

Music league Music League

1 Like

V excited for this round

Here’s the leaderboard

sweet, I still have a shot at #1

Dreading this round. Not picking a song, but for the playlist. It’s the one round I really wish we had some down votes!

2 Likes

Nothing can spark that festive cheer like giving a downvote can

5 Likes

On the night before ML voting deadline, Paulo will be visited by three ghosts…

10 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, I love Christmas. But when you work in a Christmas decorations department for 5 months and you have to listen to Christmas music the whole time, it starts to effect your well being haha

9 Likes

That’s actually quite a fair explanation for your reluctance…

Hopefully it’ll be a nice mix of the known and the unknown. I feel your pain. It drives me mad!! Every time I’m in the car with my daughter she wants Heart Christmas on the radio! :weary:

Yeah, this round is basically a big middle finger to anyone who has worked in retail/hospitality

1 Like

The Ghost of Christmas Duck!

Can we choose songs which mention Christmas but are not specifically Christmassy?

Also, there are loads of great Christmas-themed songs which are almost never played in retail.

3 Likes

I don’t think I’ll play it but I have one such song on my shortlist…

1 Like

I think this should be actively encouraged!

5 Likes

Yeah I think a song that specifically mentions a holiday count more than a song that mights have some jingle bells in it but doesn’t mentions anything actually Christmas, like snow or something.

2 Likes

Got soooo many choices for this round, not sure to go with a “cool” alternative take on a christmas classic, a less well known new christmas tune or some bat-shit interpretation of a well know song.

1 Like

I have lots of choices for this round but will fuck it

Lapsed my membership of the Music League a while back as didn’t have the time to dedicate to it, but definitely up for re-joining. Any objections if I take part in the last couple of rounds this league to get my eye in in advance of the next one?

Any chance of a link to spreadsheet to show what’s been played?

5 Likes

suppose you can join in if you promise to vote for my picks

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/0/d/1SSQCKb5GF_x3Q4O-AEIMQRLUH6u5y2JakmEQ9wbIfCI/htmlview

2 Likes