🎷 Music League 5 - Billy Corgan is the greatest! 🎷 Round 13 Christmas!! 🎄

There was ultimately only one choice for this round, but sad that none of these popped up:

Blink 182 - Happy Holidays You Bastards
The Flaming Lips - Christmas at the Zoo
Alkaline Trio - Snake Oil Tanker
Jimmy Eat World - 12.23.95
Everclear - Hating You for Christmas

Also you should all be ashamed of yourselves for not taking Music League on a Lohan Holiday.

skip Step Brothers it’s arse

1 Like

that Flaming Lips one crossed my mind

1 Like

this too

1 Like

I considered 2 of those, also looked to see if that Everclear cover of Rudulph from the GAP advert was on Spotify. Went with something else though.

1 Like

Well the number of points I’ve received is not very festive at all

Enjoyed listening to Dylan’s festive record again this afternoon prompted by its inclusion on the playlist. All in a good cause too.

Managed to get my votes in on time too, but that turnaround time is tight! I don’t know how the day 1 & 2 voters manage it each round.

Happy Christmas MLers and thanks Brainfreeze for continuing to host such a fun activity. Much appreciated in an often challenging year! :christmas_tree: :santa:

3 Likes

it’s showing me a different Justin Casablancas song on the voting page than is on the playlist? (but they’re both Christmas songs)

oh never mind, it’s the same song under two different titles

Another power outage, another loss of all comments the night before. Need to stop being so indecisive!

Still on two points, it could still happen!

2 Likes

Just voted. Really good fun playlist. Equal parts Christmas cheer, misery and spirit. Well done everyone on your amazing choices!

1 Like

I’ll subject you all to more glass beach in the future, don’t you worry.

3 Likes

My friend released a great Christmas song recently which I’m going to jag here

1 Like

Glad Reuben made it up to 9 points, I was very displeased with the 4 I was sitting on. Have some fun you guys ffs!

Good playlist anyway, might just return to it next year

Were my favourite band growing up so had to give it a point! Also, it’s a belting little tune.

1 Like

Really chuffed that so many you enjoyed cristina as much as you did. If you didn’t k ow her before you probably know her for this song

And on that note 100% listen to Sleep It Off its a somewhat forgotten new wave classic

On another note I had no idea that Outkast did a Christmas song and it’s great. So thanks for that!

Deffo gonna check out kheurenbjng too on strength of that song

1 Like

:worried:

Sorrrry, just didn’t vibe for me at all

Enjoyed the split in the comments though between hugely positive and favourable and … less so

Yeah I REALLY didn’t like it but I know moat of his work outside of his classics split opinions in a pretty extreme way so expected it to do well still

It’s me. I’m not a big Bob fella