🎷 Music League 5 - Billy Corgan is the greatest - Round 6 - No Guitars 🎷

I have two tracks in mind for this, both are personal favourites I’ve been trying to shoehorn into a round for a long time. One in particular I think would do very well, though that’s usually the ones that don’t.

1 Like

Ah yeah, forgot that was preseason.

Looking back, it was quite a good lil playlist tbf.

1 Like

Ooh I forgot that Pre-Season isn’t canon. Might consider a few artists from that in the coming rounds

1 Like

If my first choice is gone before I wake up I know I’m going to fuck it and somehow pick a song with both guitar and bass. Just can’t tell sometimes.

Don’t smashing pumpkins have a piano ballad in their repertoire?

1 Like

They have many! But usually there’s bass backing them or a random one or two notes from a guitar.

1 Like

Maybe there’s a session version or acoustic version in there somewhere. Look hard. Any sniff of a guitar and it ain’t getting a vote from me.

1 Like

How about samples of guitars?

• Completely fine, no actual plectrums involved plus it pisses off the proper music bores
  • Come on

0 voters

No guitars means no guitars.

Don’t make me tap the sign.

2 Likes

We all know the Keytar is the greatest instrument of all time, but is it:

• A type of keyboard, worn around the neck
  • A type of guitar, with keys

0 voters

80S Badass GIF

I’m now trapped in scrolling through wikipedia song personnel credits and ‘is that little left panned instrument at 0:30 a synth or a guitar through a load of effects pedals?’ hell.

I hope you’re pleased with yourself round setter…

6 Likes

I dropped a track I otherwise liked for it for this exact same reason.

Just a little synth snarl that I couldn’t rule out being a heavily processed guitar…

2 Likes

when you think about it, what even is a guitar? nobody knows

4 Likes

happy planning GIF

3 Likes

anything is a guitar if you’re brave enough

2 Likes

This is a slippery slope toward marching into the ice cream shop with a picture of a banana in your hand…

3 Likes

Bet someone’s going to have a mare and pick Joe Satriani by accident.

2 Likes

That was me yesterday, had to cancel one choice because of wiki song credits and another because I watched the video and spotted someone playing a guitar but you can’t hear it at all in the track.

2 Likes

are people gonna know the difference between 808/synth bass and bass guitar? might be risky

Been wondering the same. I know there’s no bass guitar in what I’ve submitted, but I might play safer to avoid the naysayers.