šŸŽ· Music League 6 Bob Rickerton is the greatest poster of all time - Round 10 A track from a Debut Album šŸŽ·

https://musicleague.app/l/99033945fa9e4f53a1677d58583d5da2/

This Round Starts tomorrow!

A track from a Debut Album

Playlist with ALL tracks featured across all 6 leagues!

too much, a new underrated debut? something older that everyoneā€™s forgotten? argh

1 Like

black and white interview GIF

2 Likes

Mine will get 1 point, maybe 2 but Iā€™m playing it anyway. Need to get it out of my system.

how do we feel about singles from debut albums that havenā€™t come out yet?

• allowed
  • no

0 voters

Iā€™ve said no, but if documented proof can be provided that itā€™s on the tracklist for an upcoming album then I can be swayed. If itā€™s just a single without word of it being on an album then my no will stand firm.

3 Likes

I mostly donā€™t have any idea what is or isnā€™t on a debut album so not sure how to approach this one. Will probably pick something by someone whoā€™s only ever released one album to be on the safe side.

at the start of the league, i was doing very badly so i shortlisted some fun stuff that will get maybe 5 points at most. however, since then iā€™ve unexpectedly started doing well enough to care about points againā€¦ the urge to self sabotage is strongā€¦ but i want to win

n.b. (by ā€œwinā€ i mean beat @JaguarPirate to a pulp)

3 Likes

(the album iā€™m thinking of is being released in the next few weeks)

1 Like

iā€™m doing enough of this without meaning to so ā€¦

it's on GIF by Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

1 Like

Iā€™ve changed my vote to Allowed. Besides, I always do prefer to have new songs on Music League, so that really should have been my default answer anyway!

now i just have to decide which single!

1 Like

Surprisingly hard this given that literally every artist whose ever released an album is eligible.

Thereā€™s a load of canon options that I donā€™t really want to play, and then once you get beyond that it becomes a minefield of:

• was their debut the first album listed on spotify or cd-r from two years earlier on wikipedia?
  • is it still a debut if they released it after a name/significant line up change?
  • Eligibility of solo projects after band disolution?
  • what looks like a first ā€˜albumā€™ after earlier EPs, mixtapes etc

I will fight anyone who takes my choice in this round. Or go to my backup. But after thatā€¦ we fight.

Still not sure what to go for in this round. Do I go for an absolute classic from a debut album that will get very few points or something very obscure that will also pick up minimal points?

dunno. there are lots of debut albums arenā€™t there

1 Like

not enough imho

2 Likes

I think Iā€™ll be more inclined to reward songs that are perhaps overlooked gems on unfancied debut albums by artists with a more well known later catalogue than, say, a track from a debut album that came out this year. Not actually imposing a rule, but I think that where I would ordinarily favour new acts, if someone was to go to bat for a tune on something akin to a Pablo Honey I feel that would be more in the spirit of the game and Iā€™d look favourably on it.

PS I wonā€™t be giving points to anything on Pablo Honey, thatā€™s just an example.

changes submissionā€¦

3 Likes