🎷 Music League 6 - Bob Rickerton is the greatest poster of all time 🎷 Round 9 - A track performed in a foreign language

This round Starts on Friday…

A track performed in a foreign language…

https://musicleague.app/l/99033945fa9e4f53a1677d58583d5da2/

Every track previously used in Music league…

A good playlist AND resource

I almost want to rejoin just for this one

3 Likes

I think I’m going to win this round.

Edit: I was wrong.

For once, I actually have a fair few options!

Do it

1 Like

Got a million possibilities for this but going to play something I’ve had in reserve for ages. It will not score well.

was gonna play an older (better) track by the band I used for the DiS Song Contest, but found a few more options since then

Have one album I’ll probably play from, but have about 4 competing tracks to pick from on there

So then does this round mean any song not sung in English, or does it mean a song where the artist is singing in a language that isn’t their first language (ie. A french person singing in English)?

I’m guessing the former, but just thought it should be clarified.

I did wonder that myself @Spen78 and I sure hope it’s the former as that’s what I’ve been working to!

1 Like

Do Welsh, Cornish, Gaelic count?

2 Likes

i’d say so

i was gonna play a song in Irish but going for something else instead

1 Like

trying to decide between a couple of tracks by the same bilingual artist

there’s a good one that breaks into a bit of English at the end but i don’t know if the pedants will turn on me at that point

I was just thinking about this - as long as the song is like … 80% non-English, I think that’s totally fine.

I still think of, say, Spanish Bombs by The Clash as being an English-language track even though it has a few lines of Spanish, so surely the reverse is true too

at it

opposite of at it, surely

I ruled out a few tunes because of this and am gonna save them for the ‘track performed in two languages’ in ML27.

Pedantry spoils your score a tiny bit, I’m sure, but it spoils your mood even more!

1 Like

Welsh is a foreign language?

if you’re not welsh, sure

3 Likes

i’ve gone for one with no English in the end anyway as it’s shorter

it will be when the UK’s glorious breakup arrives yes

2 Likes