🎷 Music League 6 - Gimme, Gimme, Gimme, Gimme, gravy tonight 🎷 Round 2 A track that Fizzes with energy 🎷

Submitted, really surprised my act hadn’t gone already. You lot are going to be kicking yourself when I run away with the lead get six points

2 Likes

I picked a song with percussion that sounds like it fizzes

Someone else has already picked my artist, which I always find significantly more annoying when it’s one of these really vague rounds.

did anyone explain what “fizzes” means in the context of the theme?

Nope - but we are all going to be incredibly pedantic about tracks that do not meet our own “fizz” quota.

3 Likes

I’ve chosen to take it like when you shake up a coke and open the lid and it all fizzes/comes out :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

im just gonna read it as ‘a track that thizzles with energy’ until proven otherwise

7 Likes

KINGMAKER’D! (not sure it was necessary for whoever uploaded that to include the casket picture though, kinda kills the song’s vibe somewhat)

2 Likes

didnt even notice lol

I’ve gone for one that fizzes with energy through ther performance and attitude. Its bursting with fizzy energy

2 points

1 Like

From the ML6 General thread

Something that’s damn tight could work. I was thinking about beats and rhythms but it could easily be sounds or vocals.

Man, it’s hard finding words to describe music.

1 Like

thanks!

1 Like

Got a band that perfectly fits the bill. Their music, however, certainly does not.

Funny how brains work. After @Iceblink asked about fizzes, I started thinking of words, then I thought about crisp, fizzy drinks and Stewart Lee’s “give it to me straight, like pear cider that’s made from 100% pears” popped into my head.

Then I remembered he was touring and I’d forgotten to get tickets and managed to grab a couple of the last few remaining for my home town.

And I’ve been watching Stewart Lee clips every day since.

All thanks to the power of Music League.

5 Likes

And now I’ve checked for Belfast dates and there are none.

Fuck you Music League

:flushed:

1 Like

He’s on the latest episode of the full disclosure podcast.

1 Like

There’s one song that was used in a prior round that might objectively be the best single answer for this round, and for some reason I’m taking it as a personal failing.

Overwhelmed by the amount of choices that just aren’t that song.

Yknow - buzzy, zingy, zappy, springy

Easy!

2 Likes

It’s been a while since we last had 311. I’m sure people wont mind

2 Likes