šŸŽ· Music League 7 - The cult of music league šŸŽ· Round 11 - A track from 1982

spotify web being a poop when I need it most

Ooh no one went for my other two potential picks, here they were

My other two picks were ridiculously big tracks that probably wouldnā€™t have got many pointsā€¦

I donā€™t do 80s, so bangers is all I have

1 Like

no Gun Club is surprising because itā€™s at the top of a lot of 1982 lists

Pretty sure Maneater was picked in the last round.

Forget Me Nots was another possibility, glad to see it made it on there still.

Just checked, never been played.

these were my alternatives, went in a completely different direction in the end

2 Likes

My backups were both picked - so expect some points from me.

Might have gone for Haircut One Hundred if my others werenā€™t available.

Surprised nobody went for this!!

AM version

almost played this one, surprised to see no one else did

4 Likes

Meant to check if that Hiroshi Yoshimura album came out in 1982, had an inkling that it did but couldnā€™t be bothered in the end.

we had a bit of a chat about this in https://community.drownedinsound.com/t/how-good-was-the-year-in-music-1982

thatā€™s the rerecorded 1987 version (with True Faith drums and better singing) that we all know and love.

1 Like

Was between 3 choices for this, Mission of Burma were already taken, and was also considering something by The Fall, but I was out and about all day yesterday so as soon as my choice was accepted I just went with it. Good song though.

I havenā€™t heard that Donna Summer song for years. Wonderful how she keeps you hanging on for the main hook.

Not on Spotify US

1 Like

Someone had submitted Gun Club for a while as I tried to.

Also considered these;

1 Like

Just finished my first sweep of the playlist and some absolute greats in this playlist. Iā€™m also impressed that out of around 40 people there wasnā€™t a single person who went with the boringly obvious Africa.

2 Likes

Likewise with Haruomi Hosono. Discogs and udiscovermusic list Philharmony as a 1982 album, but Spotify has it down as 1978. Dunno which is correct and took me more effort to check that far than anyone else would likely have bothered with, so discarded it as an option.

5 Likes

Ah yes, a great cover that CJ track

Ha, I wanted to play something from that album as well but I felt the false date in Spotify would make me look like a phony. Everywhere else has the correct year of 1982 as release date.

1 Like