šŸŽ· Music League 7 - The Cult of Music League šŸŽ· Round 6 - Musical instrument in track title

Itā€™s got the word drum in the title though. reDRUM. Good playlist this! One of the best of this league imo

Yeah, Iā€™ve got no issue with it either way. I presumed there was something specific behind the pick, but didnā€™t know what it was.

1 Like

Damn, Organ Donor by DJ Shadow was just sitting there waiting to be picked, wasnā€™t it?

Nowhethinksaboutit

4 Likes

I love Organ eternal by These New Puritans. Great pick but does anyone else find that the first few seconds of the treasure hunt theme sound similar?

1 Like

Had Organ Donor (both the album & extended overhaul versions) on my shortlist would have gone with it, but went with the song I first thought of when the rounds were announced.

It turns out a decent chunk of tracks that I had on my shortlist have been submitted by others (King Tee, AlunaGeorge, Conway, Chem Bros & Four Tet!), Iā€™ve not started listening yet but itā€™s nice to know thereā€™s at least 5 songs I like on it!

1 Like

lol at Love Triangle

2 Likes

Really enjoyed this playlist, dished out 10 points to songs Iā€™d not heard before and genuinely liked rather than just voting for an artist to fill the gaps.

My track is a massive swing and a miss though

Meant to vote for the AlunaGeorge song and forgot, sorry whoever submitted that.

Itā€™s close at the top!

Finding this one a real slog for some reason, seeing that 20 minute song lurking at the end isnā€™t encouraging me to get on with it either. Also having a crisis of pedantic conscience over whether or not ā€œbassā€ on its own is an instrument.

Not my track but the wikipedia page for Bass Guitar has this as the opening line:

ā€œThe bass guitar , electric bass or simply bass , is the lowest-pitched member of the guitar family.ā€

Cracking playlist this time, best one in a while. Couldā€™ve easily given points to about 15 songs.

Feel bad for the one stuck on 1 point, itā€™s a great album.

3 Likes

Finally got round to finishing the playlist and voting. Happy to report that two of my shortlisted tracks are topping the table and my actual choice is languishing around the middle mark for the second week running.

1 Like

Itā€™s utterly outrageous. 2 points :sob:

Fuck is wrong with you people?

1 Like

Should have just played the 25 minutes of self oscillating fuzz instead.

My post should have mentioned that I forgot to vote for it. Iā€™m part of the problem.

1 Like

Smdh!

1 Like

I wonder if this is a good time to mention the round I chose seems to still not have been added to the list of rounds?

Wasnā€™t expecting to do very well in this one and that has turned out to be correct. Currently beating the only song I excluded for pedant reasons though, which is nice.