šŸŽ· Music League - Airwolf v Blue Thunder šŸš Round 8 - Band of 5

Starts on Tuesday.

A track by a band that had 5 members at the time the track was made.

Playlist with top 3 from each roundā€¦

Link to music league
https://musicleague.app/l/889be764b6254088a5fd7874b0af9a98/

Had no ideas for this, double checked a fav song I listened to earlier today, oh 5 members on that track? Sorted

Feel it legit could be a top 3 pick

Bonus points for tracks where they announce the band members names and what instruments theyā€™re playing

1 Like

Disappointed to discover that despite the name, and the lyric ā€œJurassic, five MCā€™s, and we got the cure for this rap diseaseā€ā€¦that theyā€™re actually a six piece.

Back to the drawing board then.

2 Likes

Finding Iā€™m having to do a lot of cross referencing of wikipedia for this oneā€¦ not having much luck so far

Acceptable?
  • A group of less than 5 with guests that brings the total musicians to 5
  • A 5-piece with guests that puts them over 5 musicians on the track
  • A track attributed to a single person but has 5 musicians on it
  • None of these

0 voters

The level of pedantry for this round will be

• High

0 voters

Yeah, Iā€™m finding it particularly tricky when it comes to older groups with a lot of line up changes. Itā€™s tough to know how many were in them at a given point.

Found a song I wanted to play by a band known as a five piece, but looks like they only expanded to five later. The search continuesā€¦

A track featuring an unspecified number of members of 5ive

• Will make you get down
  • Will make you get 0 points

0 voters

2 Likes

Hey, this was one of my rounds. I was thinking of the band being a core of 5 people at the time the chosen track was released. Hope that makes sense, so if Husker Du did a track with 2 guests (letā€™s say a harp person and a banjo-ist) that wouldnā€™t count. But I guess Super Furry Animals might be OKā€¦ Radiohead would be OK, but I wouldnā€™t vote for them. Pigsx7 would be OK, but a single pig doing a track of snorting/snuffling would not. (obviously in reality do whatever ya want, the voters will decide whatā€™s acceptable!)

5 Likes

I agree, but for me the Husker Du situation you described would be fine.

1 Like

Itā€™s a pretty hard to find 7"

1 Like

Deftones?

1 Like

Mate the level of pedantry and sheer outrage in the mosh thread in a round that is TOTALLY subjective is off the chains. But then again we arenā€™t at the mercy of hardcore fans so maybe itā€™ll be less

1 Like

They were/are 5 arenā€™t they? I think the crowd would allow them, but theyā€™ve appeared quite a lot. So I fear for that choice. Rain or Shine by Five Star would 100% be allowed.

For season 5 Iā€™d love @Brainfreeze to introduce a rule that states an artist/band can only be played once per season to try and freshen things up and stop the same artists/acts appearing over & over.

I appreciate I may be in the minority with this viewpoint.

3 Likes

sfa ok!

3 Likes

Iā€™m enjoying this storyline

1 Like

Oh yeah i could totally submit modest mouse from one of their eras

Really struggling to find anything for this, something Iā€™ve found through music league is that most of the music I like is made by solo artists (this round will be the first time Iā€™ve submitted a band in this league). Keep finding songs I like but canā€™t really figure out how many people were in the band when it was recorded.