šŸŽ· Music League - Round 10 šŸŽ· The Yeomanā€™s Revenge - Dance Floor šŸŽ·

Early band name needed some work.

1 Like

I love dancing and dance music but donā€™t really know what would make you lot dance. Decided not to overthink it and go with a truly banging banger (that will probably end up losing to Neutral Milk Hotel or something).

That makes sense. The old Roy Hibbert verticality rule, for basketball fans.

1 Like

imo all submissions should make you want to dance

but Iā€™ll just be judging based on whether I like the songs

1 Like

Still mad I accidentally bought The End Is the Beginning Is the End remixes 20+ years ago instead of the actual songs.

2 Likes

Ah the days of two CD singles, I still have a similar regret over buying the wrong version of Sneaker Pimps ā€œ6 Undergroundā€ .

2 Likes

Looking forward to this one. Hopefully its full of funk, disco and house!

8 Likes

Got SO MANY bangers shortlisted for this

3 Likes

Cannot wait for this round. Got a great pick and really looking forward to hearing some absolute bangers!

Will be interesting to see if anyone goes for anything lesser known in this. For me familiarity is one of the most important parts of a floorfiller.

2 Likes

Surely a remix of Smashing Pumpkins is the only way to enjoy Smashing Pumpkinsā€¦?

I read the brief here as more a song that gets you dancing rather than one that fills a dancefloor. Iā€™m certainly hoping to be introduced to some things I donā€™t know but that make me want to dance!

6 Likes

planning on swinging for the fences with this one, no more safe choices

You got it boss

Itā€™s you
Itā€™s me
And thereā€™s dancing!

Iā€™m assuming that, based on your username, itā€™ll be Disco Duck youā€™re submitting and I wish you nothing but luck.

1 Like

But who couldnā€™t love a disco duck

1 Like

This is the round where I may loose all my carefully cultivated ā€œcoolā€ points as everyone submits indie floor fillers and deep house cuts whilst there is a very real possibilty I submit something that is pure cheese.

4 Likes

[5 minutes later]

We regret to inform you that Disco Duck is a tropical house producer

Iā€™ve picked a song that makes me want to dance a lot, and I look forward to having a nice time listening to everyone elseā€™s songs!

1 Like