Music League Round 8 - Australia

Now that you mention it, I’ve never not had that with Australian musicians who now live reasonably locally.

Wait does Natalie Imbruglia live in Reading/Berkshire?

Never listened to them before but really liked this track

1 Like

I originally picked Torn and then switched to Kylie.

Fuck

Idk, she used to live in Berjshire, at least, somewhere east of here, but I used to live east of here too, maybe within 5 to 15 miles of former Australia resident, Natalie Imbruglia

Get Blake Scott’s solo album which is brilliant

as well as Shepparton Airplane’s album (the rest of the Peeps)

1 Like

I’m fairly new to them and got into them through their 2017 reunion album, but they’ve apparently been around for 33 years and are still going strong. It’s a shame the primer threads fizzled out before robluvsnic got around to doing one for them, they have a lot of albums and a wide range of material. I know The Church has called them the best band in Australia.

I don’t know what this game is or how it works, but if what you’re saying is that more people should listen to Underground Lovers, then I heartily agree.

1 Like

Which one? (search doesn’t find it, and thread to long to go look myself)

Promenade

1 Like

Promenade

1 Like

Brilliant track. The whole Leaves Me Blind album is brilliant.

1 Like

Yeah, I voted for it along with four other people (out of 58) but then my reflex reaction to these playlist so far has been: hear something from the 90s → vote for it, so that’s no surprise

1 Like

Where are all the songs? I scrolled through a bit, and I’m guessing they’re not being posted ITT.

Do you have spotify? Here’s the link to the playlist:

Ah, thanks. Don’t use it myself. They’re all quality,I’m sure

And here’s a link to the voting and comments (not sure whether you will be able to see this or you have to sign up for music league):

https://musicleague.app/l/600efb0da731150022dac236/600efb0ea731150022dac23f/

1 Like

@Joke2000 thanks for sticking that Methyl Ethel track on this playlist, been listening to the album this afternoon, good stuff.

They were one of those bands I’d heard of but not listened to - until now.

1 Like

i seem to get obsessed with one track off each of their albums (was Trip the Mains from the latest one) but the rest of it doesn’t stick with me. Ubu is a smash though

1 Like

@Joke2000 Think you need to tap Methyl Ethel up for some commission, I ended up ordering all of their albums yesterday.

3 Likes