MATHS >:(

2 Likes

I voted early so I know which song DID get Jokes vote though

Or at least I THOUGHT I DID

I reckon I know the lad that gave 3 lions a 3 though

1 Like

Everyone seems to know the score eh?

5 Likes

i had to double take here, after you said this in replay to someone’s first post on dis a couple day ago…

Every week someone ruins it by giving all 10 points to some bullshit ironic choice.

maybe you found @anon3515918 persuasive, i did a bit. if people are upset by negative song comments then it should be reined in, even though people found it fun

Votes submitted. Pleasing to see that my track hasn’t got zero points, but it really should be top for being about the best animal.

Don’t think I’ve given 10 points to any ironic choices, and if you think that people would only like Rainbow Connection ironically then I feel for your cold dead heart

2 Likes

preach

some of the anti-kingmaker stuff has been out of line and i say that as someone who tends towards @LKeet6 yeoman method.

we voted collectively for the 10 points to be used how you want method, against the 10 fixed single points method i think. accept it. people snipe about how others spend they beans. you can do it to, if you want, or crack on how you want. reminds me of people sniping about how poor people spend they income.

you do you, let everyone else do them.

i ain’t seen any kingmakers complaining about people only dishing singles.

1 Like

Just voted and there must have been a glitch or something because it appears my absolute banger of a track barely has any points yet??? safety wink but not really I’m actually fumin

2 Likes

Looking for dishy singles? Come to DiS(hy) Music League for all your dishy needs!

2 Likes

doing quite badly here. should have gone with the ignorant banger that was my first thought instead of trying to find something more DiS friendly

Just voted after spending the morning working out how to share 10 vote between 21 songs - this has been a great playlist.

My separate playlist of songs/bands/artists I have “discovered” through this league and so really need to listen to more has now grown to 58 different songs so thanks the collective musical tastes of DiS.

6 Likes

Just voted. Scrolled down to the bottom to see my usual place, and was pleased to see every song has at least one point. And then had to keep scrolling up until I got to the top 25 before I saw my song - exciting times!

1 Like

Here’s my take on the scoring thing.

It shouldn’t be a “big issue” for anyone, it’s just a fun thing, and mostly a really cool way to share music and find some new stuff.

BUT, I will say this. If you view this in the context of like a geeky approach to how like a board game works, (or picking rules for sports with your mates,) and whether that makes it “fun” or not, I do find the scoring odd. I don’t think it’s a good rule for this game, personally.

I think all of the following would be better scoring methods, and make it more fair/fun:

Scoring from 10 down to 1 for your ten picks.
Two get 5, two get 4, two get 3 etc.
Five get 2, five get 1
Ten get 1.

Again, I’m fine if it carries on like it is! I’m loving it so far! Mostly seeing this as a light-hearted music finding and discussion thing.

But it is clear that people want to win or, at the very least, want to get points, so why not pick the “best” rules. (Maybe loads think this way IS the best?! Fair enough, no problem from me.)

1 Like

I think my general dislike of the kingmaking is that it gives the impression that the playlist hasn’t been listened to, and just voted for an already known song (or some ironic bullshit! :smiley: ). Although I know that’s possibly not even the case, but just my instinctive feelings about it.

I don’t ever challenge the top of the leaderboard, so I don’t really worry about what’s happening up there anyway!

3 Likes

Kingmaking is fine.
People giving worthless points to songs posted by folks they mostly don’t know, in a game on the Internet is fine.
It’s the needlessly nasty/dickhead comments that sour it all tbh

2 Likes

im just in it for the music maaaaaan

3 Likes

Personally I think the fact that everyone has their own scoring methods is part of the fun/charm here, you can’t account for how everyone’s gonna distribute their points and it keeps things a bit up in the air.

Not really too bothered either way though, as much as I want to win it’s all a bit of fun like you say!

Only thing I would be happy with is more points to distribute as 10 doesn’t feel enough with the quality of these playlists, but that got put to a vote and the majority were happy with 10, so that’s that

2 Likes