Music League - The Future

Agree on no negative points - I think seeing your song get a very low score is fine and even quite funny (I should know!) but can see it being quite gutting if you ended up on -5 or something.

1 Like

Yeah i would like more points to dish out!
Too many tracks for 10 points!

1 Like

Yeah I like this idea :+1:
10 was fine for the first round but really not enough for the second

Ha ha! This sounds like I’m taking it really seriously! :grinning:

Nah. I’m the one thats actively trying to apply balance patches to a forum game

2 Likes

Hi guys!

Re the negative scoring - I have left a couple of, um, negative comments on some of your excellent, tuneful, and moving song choices so please don’t take them personally as they were meant to be a bit cheeky like :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::crazy_face::crazy_face::partying_face::+1: not proper enraged like :angry::worried::sob::triumph::rage:

So… apologies in advance if anyone is offended!
I love alllllll the songs a lot! :grimacing:

10 Likes

Yes, agree with this. I’d like to be able to give the odd negative point but if people start dishing out minus tens then I’m strongly against it

1 Like

I think it’ll penalise people for picking niche songs so shouldnt happen as it’ll potentially discourage it and will lead to less interesting and safer lists

3 Likes

I enjoyed Greenerharris saying “Great song. No points.”

Made me laugh every time :smiley:

20pts would be good - I had 17 tracks I wanted to give 1pt to in the vote and I’d have liked to have given a couple more than 1 too. It feels the right amount. Does run the risk of somebody giving 20pts to a track though.

In terms of the league in general - I’m using it as a chance to get interesting new playlists to enjoy while I’m working and as a way to pass on what I think are great, but not necessarily well known tunes to others. The results are interesting to a point, but I’m never going to put forward a song with a view to winning only.

4 Likes

Moving forward it would make my life easier and people viewing the league easier if everyone can change their name to their DiS username. Top right of Screen click on the Skull please
Thank you :blush:

1 Like

Something we’ve noticed in another league I’m in, people can submit the same song as someone else if they choose the same song from different albums (ie the original album and a greatest hits) I think the only way round would be to stipulate original album versions only? Or just leave it and let fate sort it out, whatever

2 Likes

Good point. I’ll address that with the players before the next round.

1 Like

Also re the month-long void, you can change the dates and times of the rounds if you like, if you go to the League page and tap the cog, it comes up with a “Manage A League” page and you can edit everything in there.

Thanks managed to change it.

2 Likes

Right you lovely people. All the rounds have been amended so there is 2 or 3 days between rounds. Thanks @Kovacs77 for your help. It’s all a learning curve. There is now NO mid season break. This league will end on 25th February.

Right so I asked everyone here how they would like Music league to operate in the future. Here is the plan.

• Future leagues will be 10 rounds long.

• There will be 3 days between rounds to listen and Vote.

• The Winner of the league will pick 10 categories and decide on the name of the league.

• The majority of players have said they like having 10 points to distribute so we will stick with this.

• most people don’t want to have negative points so we will just carry on awarding our favourites.

• unless you feel strongly the winner can PM all their rounds and league names to me and I’ll set it all up for future leagues.

Good luck!

7 Likes

All the Winners from each round will be added to this constantly updated Playlist…

6 Likes

All sounds good to me boss. Maybe worth making it the top 3 from each round to the playlist? Not just because I was 3rd last time…

2 Likes

That’s actually a good idea. Top 3 it is!

Does anybody mind if I change the last round? A track from 2020 to something else? Wanted to have something a bit more inspired. Think I’ve heard so much from 2020 already. I added that round in a rush.

• I mind
  • I don’t mind

0 voters

Can we change the birthday one :frowning: ?
Not sure I can cope with 60 shit songs! :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes