🎷 Music League - The Yeoman’s Revenge 🎷 Round 11 The Final Round! 80’s Rap 🎷

:saxophone: :trumpet:

1 Like

Not sure about these restrictive genre rounds.

If I get to pick one, I’m going to choose A Danish Track Released in 2010.

4 Likes

Yeah I came up with a fun idea only to discover it was from 1990

1990 was more 80s than it was 90s tbh

1 Like

I’m going to give league 3 a miss so that I can return to some normal listening habits for a while, so @brainfreeze I will pass on any of the prizes I would be afforded by my final league position.
It has been great fun and I have discovered loads of great new tunes, just could do with a break from the constant cycle of selecting tracks and then endless refreshing as the scores start coming in.

2 Likes

So @Spen78 @Murder etc - all to play for at the top

1 Like

I did a jazz round in my own ML. Went really well to be honest, a real mix of people’s interpretations, ranging from proper proper jazz down to TV themes, all the way to (inexplicably) Buffalo Soldier by Bob Marley & The Wailers. I think the guy just saw it as ‘not rock’.

4 Likes

I probably said this last time it came up in conversation but please can we never, ever have a jazz round.

1 Like

Ok if I come 35th then jazz round it is

10 Likes

I for one look forward to the eight hour jazz playlist

5 Likes

I’d love a jazz round. So much different stuff to chose from.

5 Likes

You’ve absolutely smashed league 2, hope you’ll come back for league 4 (when/if we get there).

2 Likes

I think I know which song in the current round is yours and now I’m not going to vote for it just in case.

Hope league 4 happens and I’ll be back in

1 Like

Don’t worry, I’m quite a long way below 35th, I’ve got no chance (please vote for me)

You mean League 4: A Jazz Odyssey?

7 Likes

Round 1: A 1940s jazz track
Round 2: A 1950s jazz track
Round 3: A 1960s jazz track

9 Likes

If there does come a time when the main league has a break, I am well up for a jazz mini-league in the gap.

7 Likes

I think after league 4 there will be a summer recess anyway. Wanna keep it fresh. I’m sure those with kids will need a bit of a break in the summer months. Are you sure you want to opt out of league 3?

Yeah I’m going to duck out of #3. Will no doubt have a peek at (and probably occasionally still listen to) the playlists when I feel like it, but it will be out of curiosity rather than necessity

1 Like