šŸŽ· Music League (The Yeomanā€™s Revenge) Round 4 - Anything Goes! šŸŽ·

Interestingly this was the easiest round for me to pick yet. Knew what I wanted right away and proud its not an obvious pick at all

Sometimes it pays off to be stubbornly obsessed with a song

Just had the submission email, the time for deliberating is ticking away

I think we can all agree this is the most important decision we will make in our entire lives

20 Likes

Very very surprised no-one else had bagged the artist I went for. Maybe I will remember to vote and actually get some points this timeā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ve submitted. Itā€™s an all-timer for me. Toyed with a couple of tracks from matesā€™ bands, to give them a bit of exposure, but that felt a little indulgent. So Iā€™ve gone with something that I love that isnā€™t too obvious. Zero points

weā€™ll see if i stick with this choice, because i think it will be despised by quite a few on here. Which is half my motivation for picking it of course

1 Like

Really looking forward to this one. I predict forty or so bangers, along with maybe a dozen wild misfires from the overthinkers

6 Likes

Going for an all-time-dog song, and if it does badly I will be extremely upset. EXTREMELY.

It will likely not do very well, even though itā€™s literally a perfect song.

Gone for something that, as far as I can make out, only me and about 5 people on YouTube actually like.

3 Likes

Gone with a song from an artist with under 5,000 monthly listeners that I love. Going to use this round to hopefully bring it to more people attention. The fact that I more than probably got into the band through DiS will probably mean everyone here is already in the 5000 listeners and I will get zero points but oh well.

1 Like

Iā€™ve tried to hit that sweet spot by picking a track that approx 30% will know. Out of those 30% Iā€™m predicting that 20% wonā€™t have heard it for a while and will vote for nostalgia reasons. Iā€™m hoping Iā€™ll get votes from the 70% that have never heard it and will love it.

*obviously Iā€™ll probably get zero points!

On one hand, Iā€™ve definitely underthought this round and decided pretty quickly.

On the other, itā€™s not something I love so much that Iā€™ll be crushed if I donā€™t get too many points, and I think itā€™s something that people will either enjoy straight away or not.

posted mine and not gonna mess with it any more

got a couple of alright ideas for the welsh round but theres a chance those artists will already get posted, dunno what iā€™ll do then :sweat:

Out of 60 tracks I guess it would be fair to expect 3-4 manics tracks and 3-4 SFA tracks. Iā€™m kind of expecting it.

Picked a track Iā€™ve been currently listening to that is the epitome of ā€˜anything goesā€™ā€¦ if that was a genre

1 Like

Iā€™m off tomorrow. St paddyā€™s day

Might listen to this drunk so if I were you go in with the mindset of ā€˜what would a drunk duck vote forā€™ and youre bound to get points

4 Likes

This playlist will be:

• Over 5 hours
  • Under 5 hours

0 voters

55 x 3 minute bangers = 165 mins. Under 3 hours, perfect.

1 Like

I am so going to panic five minutes before this playlist goes up and change my solid submission to some b-side Iā€™ll have just discovered during a Spotify deep dive. Sorry everyone. The pressure of being able to pick anything is getting to me

9 Likes

I require boundaries.

7 Likes