🎷 Music League - The Yeoman’s Revenge 🎷 ROUND 7 - Opening Track 🎷

Tracks which open an album but which are not on that album on Spotify?

• Fine
  • Not fine

0 voters

I have a few different choices for Opening Tracks, but think I’ve settled on one which will be a marmite song I reckon.
I have also decided upon my story song and canadian artist song. not sure about dancefloor song yet, as my definition of dancefloor songs might be a bit different. I will just skip the 80s hip hop round and obviously ruin my chance at a podium, but this is the cross I must bear.

if they’re not on Spotify you won’t be able to add them anyway, will you?

Presumably it’s on a compilation but the original album isn’t on Spotify?

2 Likes

That’s it.

1 Like

dunno, this bit

suggested to me that the album is on Spotify but not with that opening track? All sounds a bit rum to me.

Not that it is in the slightest bit important, and @keith can pick what he likes as far as I’m concerned. I am not going to be pedantic enough to check every album to make sure that all picks all indeed the opening track. Unless I get really bored.

1 Like

I was thinking about songs that open albums but those albums aren’t on there.

I’ve made a decision, finally. I think it’s the wrong one but I’m sticking with it.

1 Like

In fairness I only twigged because a song I liked is on there but only on a compilation (turned out to be track 2 on the stupid cassette only original too).

2 Likes

If the track is an opener on an actual album, it doesn’t matter to me if that album isn’t on Spotify.

2 Likes

Mine is a) really obvious and b) won’t do particularly well but it’s probably my favourite song ever and a belter of an opener, so can’t really go for anything else.

AARGH I cannot even begin to narrow this down. every choice seems right and every choice seems wrong:

Help me:

0 voters

1 Like

I went for 7. When asked to pick a random number though, most people pick 7, as Numberphile demonstrated…

(Watch until about 2 minutes in).

1 Like

7 is seen as lucky by some people, and just in our heads as being a lucky number, possibly even a ‘favourite’ number, so that would surely have a big impact. Surprised he didn’t seem to mention that, as I imagine most people would choose based on that. Actually, Google agrees it’s the most popular too:

Hopefully this has all helped @Octobadger - not long to decide now!

2 Likes

i’ll never get over the consensus of 7 as an answer for an AQOS question, left me fuming

4 Likes

Reckon track 7 is usually the best on an album, too (if not the opener). My birthday’s on the 7th which might explain why I go for it.

1 Like

Thanks all. Do I go with 7 or strike it out since it was apparently disproportionately loaded with chance to win? Doesn’t help that the next place is a 3-way tie, or that all seem to be available…

a plurality*

I’d let discobot decide

1 Like

Should we let discobot decide?

@discobot fortune

:crystal_ball: It is decidedly so