🎷 Music league The Yeoman’s Revenge 🎷 Round 9 - Canada 🇨🇦 🎷

Done! I tried to vote on my phone last night, but went to check something out and when I came back to the page all the comments and scores had deleted.

Good round this though - it’s taken a few plays to absorb it all, but happy I took the time.

2 Likes

I take it back. I love the Day 4 folk!

1 Like

Pleasantly surprised by my upper-mid table position on this one!

my vote has stalled today after a decent start, and my nearest rivals have stormed ahead

damn you day 4ers

I may have made a terrible mistake

1 Like

got one extra point

sigh

Voted. Genuinely, GENUINELY shocked at how badly my song is doing.

What the hell, community.drownedinsound.com?

1 Like

i’m on double figures again after being stuck on 0 points for ages. late voters know what they’re talking about

If everyone could talk positively about my song in terms of points rather than just in the thread in the future that would be great. Thanks.

This was a great playlist though, a lot of fun and a really nice mix of old favourites and new discoveries. Like it when we anti-bants people into not picking the obvious stuff too, no Joni or Neil.

3 Likes

Really exciting being in the lofty region for a change, don’t mind how it pans out, but I keep refreshing!

2 Likes

You’re back up there! (Still beneath me though)

If I end up 1 place behind you :rage:

If you do then I will be very happy for you and your achievement :smiley:

1 Like

Solid 7, for an actual classic song - really hoping people just didn’t vote for it because they erroneously thought the act in question was American.

You people don’t deserve me constantly picking music from the 60s and the 70s in spite of the fact that they always get fuck all points! Next time, I’m picking [checks notes] A SONG FROM THE 80s!

Ah wiki, I love your song but I needed to get 20 down to 10, so I had to make some tough cuts. Sorry.

I was wondering - did you deliberately avoid songs with the group’s American member on lead vocals to swerve the pedants?

:smiley: don’t worry I’ve long ago stopped caring about how many points, and am enjoying things much more as a result!

Slightly, but it’s also one of my favourite songs of all the songs - was originally gonna pick King Harvest or The Night They Drove old Dixie Down, but they’re both really American-y songs, so it didn’t quite feel right.

1 Like

Aye, me too. It is still fun when you find yourself near the top mind!

I imagine it was tough making a single selection with this band. Robbie Robertson’s episode of Sodajerker was fascinating. He was talks about coming at The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down from a position of ignorance about the Civil War and treating the writing of it like a research project.

1 Like

9 with two to go?

still time to win

@Rolley1982 @JohnM

15 minute warning.

Without giving too much away, it is tight at the top, so your votes could be decisive!