music thread for social: summer tunessss (rolllling)

I was listening to this album whilst playing basketball in the late evening warmth yesterday. just revisiting it today. it’s so so so so soooo good, omg. why is this album not exhalted by everyone all the time?

please fill this with vibes. also please tell us a bit about what the song makes u feel.

this one feels like everyone is out in the open air, having fun, playing summery games, dressed in colourful clothes and smiling and in love

3 Likes

Could we do another of those collab playlists

Always preferred this off that record, no big reason tbh. Has a nice lilt to it.

3 Likes
5 Likes
1 Like

Best best best summer song

2 Likes

Ha, used to love El Guincho!

2 Likes

This came on my iPod about 10 years ago while I was on the beach in Skiathos with my girlfriend - our first holiday abroad. Just at that point in the day when the sun is starting to dip, the few beers you’ve had are starting to give you that woozy feeling, the sunlight is sparkling on the sea, the nearby bars are starting to cook food. Awesome.

1 Like

Something by Sidney Gish as she’s brilliant

Reminds me of this time last year, all hazy through lack of sleep from looking after my baby. Also this kind of indie pop is great at this time of year

1 Like

The Afghan Whigs are the ultimate summer band. Especially Up In It, Congregation, and Black Love. You can really feel the Cincinnati weather in the music.

This reminds me of waking up in the middle of the night for a long drive when it’s still somehow unbearably hot and humid out. The whole album really.

4 Likes

Absolutely love that El Guincho record. Great stuff.

I’m listening to my big summer jams playlist on my way home from work. This just camr on and cemented it’s place as my all time fave summer track.

But this runs it close.

And this is quickly becoming my go-to laid on the grass eyes closed bit stoned blissed out number:

2 Likes
1 Like

Also all of Sky Valley, always.

2 Likes

Probably the greatest album ever made

2 Likes

311 is summer basketball music to me.

Speaking of summer basketball music.

2 Likes

I usually don’t put on Hail to the Thief unless the heat index is over 100. Something about those chord progressions reminds me of those awful summer nights where it’s unnervingly hot and there’s this weird menacing glow to everything. That opening buzz of 2+2=5 is an instant time warp to the summer of 2003.