music thread for the social board: music for thunderstorms

I’m sat by my window marvelling at the chiaroscuro light of the moody storm clouds juxtaposed with the pure white regular daylight across the sky. the flowering bushes in our garden look really dramatic and beautiful in it.

I properly love summery storm weather. I also like music that has that same feeling of pregnant pause tension, rumble of thunder, strange synaesthetic light, or the ensuing downpour.

what kind ot tunes do you reckon go well with a storm?

I’ve settled on this for now:

1 Like
4 Likes
5 Likes

Just going to go as literal as possible:

3 Likes
2 Likes

marquee moon I reckon

I came here to post Songs Ohia :heart_eyes:

All of Magnolia Electric Co is my go to summer thunderstorm album, always feel like I need to be sat on a porch drinking whiskey too

3 Likes

(last half)

1 Like

I experienced my first US Midwest tornado warning while discovering Lift Yr Skinny Fists. The sky went black and everything outside starting blowing around violently during that magical build in Sleep.

3 Likes

Gimme the heat - dEUS

2 Likes

yes Scouty!

there’s a humidity to so many Molina tunes, isn’t there. I’m picturing a rickety wooden porch door moving of its own accord in an ominous fashion…

1 Like

ooh Talk Talk, actually

any of their broody, pensive latter work

1 Like

I really need to make it a point to go through Jason Molina’s discography this year. This would be my pick from the only album of his I’m really familiar with, it feels like doom slowly rolling in.

2 Likes
1 Like

ahhh defs this one. I love its sense of foreboding.

1 Like
1 Like
3 Likes
1 Like

Assuming we’re keeping it literal…