Music venues - London

Hello all,

I am wondering there are any recommendations in here for small central London venues of around 100ish capacity? I am looking at running a gig but am yet to find a suitable venue for it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

The Windmill, Brixton.

1 Like

Water Rats (lol)

1 Like

I’m a big fan of the Lexington. Think it might hold about 200 though - although it feels quite busy at capacity and wouldn’t feel empty if you only had half that

Thank you all, much appreciated.

Water Rats and Windmill aren’t ideal locations (need central/East). Lexington is great but I think is a bit big for what I need, and also will be hard to get a Friday date!

Shacklewell Arms in Dalston has an official capacity of something like 170 but when you get past 100 it feels pretty packed.

Or there’s the Waiting Room in Stoke Newington.

2 Likes

If only The Good Ship was still going :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

I think both places might by run by Bad Vibrations?

Slaughtered Lamb near Farringdon is also good and might be a good shout. A quick google tells me the capacity is 120

Edit - or maybe check out the Sebright Arms in Shoreditch also

The Islington on Tolpuddle St (in Islington, obviously).
Capacity = 130

https://www.theislington.com/

The Sebright Arms was taken over by new owners not so long ago, I think. Do they still do gigs?

Yes, same people as Old Blue Last and Birthdays (RIP) I think. They’ve really upped the amount of shows it seems since changing owners, probably due to Birthdays shutting down.