Music what makes you cry 😭

Are there any songs/albums that make you cry?

Hospice by the Antlers always gets me . Have to make a point of not listening to it on the bus in case I start bawling.

5 Likes

Have cried to plainsong by the cure. The synths on that are so emotionally destroying

2 Likes

Blackbird by The Beatles always gets me, as my partner and I listened to it the night before our daughter was born, when suddenly the lyrics took on an entirely new meaning. Sobbed then, and I’m even close to crying now as I type this and think about that evening.

5 Likes

Yeah loads, depends

5 Likes

Predictable answer but Mount Eerie’s last 2 albums just do for me.

3 Likes

Electro-Shock Blues by Eels. Especially 3 Speed, Dead of Winter, and P.S. You Rock My World. They get me every time.

5 Likes

Oh god so many, all the time. Last one was Norman and Norma from The Divine Comedy’s new album, caught me at the right moment and kerblammo, weeping everywhere I was

1 Like

Will stick on some lisa gerrard if I fancy a good cry

3 Likes

This one by Eluvium goes right for my brain chemistry.

1 Like

Deep in a hole

1 Like
4 Likes
2 Likes

Yeah, Sweet Little Mystery by John Martyn. Also A Case of You

1 Like

I’d be remiss not to mention this either:

7 Likes

Hospice caught me out foolishly listening while I was walking through town, ended up sobbing on the high Street.

4 Likes

Phoebe Bridgers - Funeral :cry:

7 Likes

Wedding songs :slight_smile:

1 Like

In all my years of listening I have never had this reaction to a piece of music, there may be albums I find temporarily upsetting post break-up or similar but never has music alone elicited this emotion in me. Plenty of spine tingles, shivers and joyous emotions but not sadness.

Maybe I’m just a cold hearted bastard.

2 Likes

This one always gives me a lump in the throat…

8 Likes

It’s the bit in Micheline when he gets the call about his friend Brett.

Every time. :pensive:

4 Likes