Musical mysteries

Things what you can’t find a good answer to elsewhere on the internet, or can’t be bothered to try to find.

I’m yet to hear a good explanation why, in Takeover, Jay Z thinks it’s a bad idea - so bad it’s equivalent to bringing a knife to a gunfight - to bring a pen to a test. What the fuck is he on about?

1 Like

How can there not be a B#

9 Likes

There were four iirc

15 Likes

Yep, it someone asked me what musical pitches are or mean, my answer would be Insane Clown Posse level

There is!

5 Likes

Maybe it’s one of those multiple choice ones checked by computer you have to use a pencil for?

Think he should have done a verse explaining it more clearly though.

2 Likes

What Meat Loaf won’t do for love. There are plenty of people who will tell you that it’s explicitly and repeatedly made clear in the song what he won’t do, but the only lyrics I pay attention to are the ones in the title, and the title is I’d Do Anything for Love (But I Won’t Do That). So the mystery continues.

1 Like

Nope. Only a B, Bb, B-Real and Be Cool (:sunglasses:) IIRC

2 Likes

Why did Das Racist find it so difficult to find each other at the combination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell on Jamaica Avenue? Surely it’s not that big.

3 Likes

Wtf are Adobe Slabs (My Girls by Animal Collective)

6 Likes

double flats and sharps are the point at which I nope out at music theory!

1 Like
1 Like

Been singing along to that for 15 years without ever thinking about what that means

there are two combination pizza huts and taco bells on jamaica avenue

5 Likes

Something to do with building. Unless the four walls are Walls sausages, in which case some kind of condiment

I had no idea! Appreciate this song even more now.

You print out the pdfs of the slabs and build your house out of those.

They’re super flimsy and the house will fall down really quickly.

The key to understanding the song is that he actually doesn’t really like his girls.

5 Likes

First draft Lana Del Rey album title

22 Likes

Weed, I’d imagine. but also, really disappointingly, being a shitbag Kool AD Accused of Sexual Assault | Billboard

1 Like

I don’t think we ever got to the bottom of who let the dogs out.

3 Likes