Musical things you were slow to realise

Looks more like upside down cartoon testicles to me, if I’m honest.

1 Like

That’s the worst heart I ever saw. Don’t think anyone should be feeling bad or inattentive for not clocking that.

3 Likes

Always thought Sia was a relatively new artist but she’s the same singer that was on Zero 7’s Destiny? And she’s in her mid-40s.

6 Likes

I have a feeling she spent quite a while writing stuff for other artists before going into doing her own albums.

I’d forgotten about that song, love it so much.

1 Like

One of the writers of that song D.I.S.C.O from the 70s is one of Daft Punk’s dad

4 Likes

listened to it about 10 times after that yesterday. Doesn’t really get much better

1 Like

I always thought Joan Armatrading was American, but she’s a Brummie!

4 Likes

Only realised that ‘Steal My Sunshine’ by Len samples ‘More, More, More’ when I heard it on the radio yesterday. Fucking lost my life when the brief bit that the sample is taken from came on.

6 Likes

Kermode & Mayo :grin:

1 Like

Indeed!

1 Like

Beat me to it tbf

1 Like

It’s such a great example of a tiny fragment being turned into the bedrock of a whole other track (as opposed to just sampling the Back in Black main riff or something)

2 Likes

the nerve to title this ‘HQ audio’

2 Likes

Alright Neil Young.

5 Likes

She would have had a UK Top 10 single before Destiny and she released plenty between then and finding main stream success 10+ years later.

TBH I had forgotten Taken for Granted

I mean the Prokoviev (sp?) sample is a good choice to boost a track. It’s actually pretty weird to look at her singles section in Wikipedia:

That every Fleetwood Mac song I listened to I realized I knew that song already, I just didn’t know it was them.

Rumours?

Yeah, her career trajectory is certainly atypical.

Breathe Me is also just sandwiched between early breakthrough and world domination but barely made a dent in any singles chart.