Musical things you were slow to realise

That Put Your Hands Up For Detroit song is a Matthew Dear sample

Thinly veiled post to prove how obscure your music taste is? :wink:

1 Like

I know youā€™re trying to irk me (and itā€™s working) but u wot meight? Put Your Hands Up For Detroit was a massive hit and Matthew Dear is hardly an underground techno artist with 279 monthly listeners on Spotify

1 Like

Not heard of either mate.

1 Like

Oooh, Iā€™m fully irked now

Everybody, have you heard of:

• Put Your Hands Up For Detroit
  • Matthew Dear
  • Both
  • Not heard of either mate

0 voters

I mean itā€™s fine isnā€™t it? Sounds like youā€™re saying this is techno and I donā€™t even know how to tell genres like house and techno apart

Not gonna lie, at 18 votes Iā€™m impressed Iā€™m not alone.

20% at the moment, Iā€™d say thatā€™s significant. I now accept you werenā€™t trolling me, irkage dropping rapidly

1 Like

wouldā€™ve said Iā€™d heard of Matthew Dear, but Iā€™m surprised to hear the name linked to techno, so Iā€™m guessing that I havenā€™t really heard of Matthew Dear (or Iā€™ve heard of another one).

1 Like

Sorry for the confusion about Matthew Dear. I definitely wouldnā€™t say he is a techno artist, I was giving an example of what he isnā€™t rather than what he is if you see what I mean.

Aaah, I get you. Iā€™ve heard of him then (as distinct from heard him).

ā€œMatthew dear, wonā€™t you come in and have a cup of tea my love?ā€

3 Likes

That two of my favourite albums of the year so far (The Japanese House - Good At Falling, Marika Hackman - Any Human Friend) are break-up albums about each other.

7 Likes

Am I meant to find a double meaning in the name ā€˜Bat for Lashesā€™? I mean is it meant to only make you think of a bat for striking someone/something or are you also meant to think of someone batting their eyelashes?

The first has never occurred to me. Thought it was between the second and the nocturnal animal.

2 Likes

That this exists at all

When the bassist starts singing isā€¦wow.

6 Likes

Todd Terjeā€™s surname is pronounced Ter-yeah

1 Like

Whatā€™s wrong with his neck?

1 Like

Iā€™d never heard of him either Theo. Thought it was the man who made the tractors tbf

2 Likes

The Cardigans have really changed, havenā€™t they?

3 Likes