Musical things you were slow to realise

The first has never occurred to me. Thought it was between the second and the nocturnal animal.

2 Likes

That this exists at all

When the bassist starts singing is…wow.

5 Likes

Todd Terje’s surname is pronounced Ter-yeah

1 Like

What’s wrong with his neck?

1 Like

I’d never heard of him either Theo. Thought it was the man who made the tractors tbf

2 Likes

The Cardigans have really changed, haven’t they?

1 Like

The Dismemberment Plan took their name from a Groundhog Day quotation

4 Likes

Woah

1 Like

Josh Homme is “Hommy” not Josh “Hom”.

1 Like

Interpol don’t have a song called ‘Rosemary’, it’s just the first word on the song ‘Evil’. I own the album, I’ve heard it many times but I never bothered to check the song titles.

4 Likes

It’s been around for a long thyme mannnn

4 Likes

Wait, he does not?

Austin Brown sings some too. They sound so similar sometimes.

1 Like

Awww

Similar: I found out on Sunday that a lot of what I thought was Kim Petras singing on the Charli XCX songs Unlock It and Click where she features, was actually Charli singing. Charli butts in to Kim’s verses and their voices sound so similar that I couldn’t tell until I saw Kim perform the songs and pause to let the backing track take over Charli bits.

1 Like

You are a real sage on this subject

1 Like

Sex by the 1975 is just a rewrite of all my friends by LCD

Car seat headrest are kind of just a strokes cover band

1 Like

Now that I’m thinking about it I’m realizing I’m horrible with this.

• I got fooled by Queens of the Stone Age in the 00s a lot and figured Josh Homme had an especially versatile voice. I didn’t realize that it was Mark Lanegan singing both In the Fade and Song for the Dead, and that it was Julian Casablancas on Sick Sick Sick. In retrospect it makes no sense how I could have thought it was all him.

• Mark Lanegan tricked me again on the Mad Season album, I thought Layne Staley had been hiding a great low range.

You and me, outside. Right. Fucking. Now :rage:

3 Likes

CSH are pretty much LCD and the strokes mixed together. Bodys is an LCD soundsystem song