Musical things you were slow to realise

Oh lol

Isnā€™t it also rumoured to have some basis in Fred and Rosemary West?

Samesies

Pearl Jam and 10cc are both named after jizz.

Pearl Jam needs no explanation, but 10cc is apparently an above average volume of male ejaculate. So there you go.

2 Likes

Apparently so, according to wikipedia anyway -
Ellie Phimister (colloquial: Negasonic Teenage Warhead ) is a fictional character appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics. The character was created by Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely, and named after the song ā€œNegasonic Teenage Warheadā€ by Monster Magnet.[1] The character is a mutant who displays telepathic and precognitive powers, and is a student of Emma Frost.

1 Like

Itā€™s a great read.

I thought the singer in Hookworms was a woman at first, until I saw a picture of them

I find it hard to tell when itā€™s Mark Mothersbaugh or Gerald Casale singing on Devo tracks, and tend to default to thinking itā€™s all Mothersbaugh, until I get to a song where they share vocals and itā€™s suddenly really obvious which is which.

1 Like

Ah, seeing Grant Morrisonā€™s name makes this less surprising although I know nothing of Quitely so maybe itā€™s all down to him.

Grant Morrison is a Monster Magnet fan and itā€™s not the only character of his he named after one of their songs.

Dave Wyndorf is a huge comics fan too.

3 Likes

bloody love Monster Magnet!

1 Like

The title of the new Grimes album is a pun

1 Like

Iā€™m sure his surname is pronounced differently every time they say it on the radio.

Iā€™ve heard all sorts including one that rhymes with Perrier (water). Unfortunately now my brain has had so many variations inserted into it, it will be unable to remember which one is right.

This 1980 sheer tune is not referring to Jamaica the country but Jamaica in Queens, New York

Omg

Canā€™t believe I didnā€™t clock this

Ringo Starr isnā€™t his real name.

Took me far, far longer than I am comfortable admitting to realise this.

I worked it out from his son having a different surname

1 Like

Wait till you hear about Seal!

4 Likes

Idioteque
Idiotic

Only taken me 20 years, that

16 Likes

White Pepper by Ween is a combination of The White Album and Sgt Pepper!

1 Like