Musicians who’ve joined established bands

Paul Mullen from Yourcodenameis:Milo joining The Automatic

1 Like

Andy Bell joining Oasis
Mani joining Primal Scream
Wade MacNeil joining Gallows

1 Like

Still find it weird how Gallows, whose whole shtick was being angry at Britain, now have a Canadian singer

1 Like

Morgan from Blood Brothers joining Fleet Foxes was odd

1 Like

Oh yeah and Alexei from Johnny Foreigner was until recently in itoldyouiwouldeatyou

1 Like

I think David Pajo’s nomadic tendencies make him the musician I’ve seen perform live more than anyone else.

2 Likes

Mike Joyce joining Buzzcocks

Nels Cline joining Wilco was one of the best things that could have happened to them. I know there was a lot of interpersonal sadness and strife in the band at the time but his playing is so joyous and humanising that it opened their music up and let the light back in.

2 Likes

Also Jon Theodore joining Bright Eyes, phenomenal addition that glues everything together and elevates everyone’s playing.

2 Likes

Of course, the entirety of the band Big Business (meaning, both of them) joined the Melvins for three albums, starting with the excellent (A) Senile Animal.

Result: amazing bass tone and crunch and superb double drum kit action.

3 Likes

Tim Presley being part of The Fall for Reformation Post TLC.

1 Like

Jim O’Rourke joining Sonic Youth

6 Likes

Al Doyle joining LCD Soundsystem.

2 Likes

Also Kevin Shields for few albums

Tom White has joined Mystery Jets, as I discovered last night

Tommy Stinson from the Replacements joining Guns n Roses

(Probably lots of answers for GnR)

1 Like

Have i completely made this up or did Pajo not play bass for Interpol for a bit?

Also Sergio Vega from Quicksand to Deftones until v recently.

1 Like

Jenny Frost from Precious joined Atomic Kitten

6 Likes

Yer lad from Akaline Trio joining Blink 182, which was extra interesting I guess because he replaced a main singer and I think started writing songs for/with them??

Without getting too Ship of Theseus it makes you wonder what a band really “is”.

5 Likes

Heidi Range was in Atomic Kitten before she joined the Sugababes