Musings on a Friday morning regarding why young men* are so preoccupied with having an abundance of pint glasses at home for non-alcoholic drinks

Ahh I know the ones. I thought you were on about the big screw top ones :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

one of my pet hates is arriving at someones house, really thirsty and dehydrated and then being offered a fucking thimbleful of water as if that’s going to rehydrate me, gimme a pint ffs

1 Like

Those glasses are my favourite! I love that shape! I’m not sure why, but I do.

Oh yeah do have a pig’s ear one as well

I am not a fan of a small glass/tumbler. A pint of water seems like a good amount to have to me.

Got loads of pint pots from beer festivals, hardly ever use them. Prefer the half-pinters with a handle, not sure why.

See I always go for pint glasses at a beer festival cos if you buy a half you normally end up with 2/3 of a point, especially if you smile nicely at the volunteers who man them. If you buy the half glass you automatically lose the possibility of extra free beer.

That said I am old and have been to many beer festivals over the years and it fills the TV with rage that there are so many pint glasses cluttering up the cupboards.

weve got two of them from indymanbeercon a few years back. turns out if youre sharing a bottle it fills up to the line on both of them. spot on :ok_hand:

As if I’m drinking less than a pint of sugar free ginger beer at a time.

Aye, I always go pint at the festival so I can get a farmers half, as they call it. Then swap the glass out for a half pinter with the handle at the end. Boom.

1 Like