My BeBionic prosthetic hand

I finally got around to making a little video about my BeBionic prosthetic hand. First time talking to a camera on video so be kind as I did it pretty much off the top of my head! This was take 2 as the first time I used the word “basically” about 20 times in the first minute, I tried to reduce that in the subsequent attempt but only partially succeeded, I did get a bit more fluent towards the end!

64 Likes

Very cool, very Star Wars

3 Likes

punching mode looks pretty cool

7 Likes

Great little video man

You mentioned the weight difference of them all… how much are we talking for each?

I liked beckoning mode most

1 Like

Cheers!

I’ve never weighed them before but i have now; the old original split hook - 542g, the motorised split hook - 820g and the BeBionic is a whopping 1,176g

1 Like

Really enjoyed the demo and you seem like an absolute top bloke - thanks for sharing it.

3 Likes

That’s quite a weight to be lugging around all day, thanks for the insight :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This was great and very informative.

Really pleased for you that is a cool arm and all those positions seem super useful, hope it’s made a bunch of little things easier and less frustrating for you :slight_smile:

Think you explained stuff really well btw so no need to worry there

2 Likes

aw shucks, thanks mate! :kissing_heart:

Thanks Bam!

1 Like

I can’t believe that was your first time speaking on camera! You looked very at ease.

I thought that was really interesting and informative, thanks LA!

3 Likes

Really cool video, thanks for sharing. That arm is super flashy, glad you feel more confident showing it off.

1 Like

Thank you! :slight_smile:

This is amazing mate! The progression from the hooks to that is remarkable and it’s really brilliant to hear that it’s had a positive psychological impact on you as well as the physical benefits.

And like people have already said you come across very relaxed and natural on camera.

9 Likes

This was really interesting, technology is incredible isn’t it? You also seem like a really good dude!

1 Like

Great little video, this. Am I right in thinking you’d just got this when we met at Tim Hecker?

That sounds about right. It still felt like a big heavy lump at the time. :grinning:

1 Like

I thoroughly enjoyed that, thanks very much

1 Like

That really was great - you explained everything in a really succinct and engaging way and even in just four minutes I learnt a lot. Having that original hook for so long must have felt so limiting compared to what the new one can do.

3 Likes

Great little vid - and good to see that it’s a making a difference.

What kind of battery life do you get with something like that? And can you charge it up while still using it?

1 Like