My Inbox is out of control

See if you’ve got an email and you read it and think “hmm ok, can’t ignore this but also have to prioritise other things above it”, what’s the system?

• I understand what Epimer’s on about here
  • Erm

0 voters

Think it’s how he selects his victims

2 Likes

Finish whatever I’m working on, maybe another thing before looking at that. If it’s going to be really bad I open it and think if I need to send a follow up to say I won’t get to this for a bit

So basically I use an urgency v importance matrix :sunglasses:

I very much doubt that I have ever hit 10 tabs. Usually have just one open.

bookmarks are available!!11

1 Like

There’s basically no reason to ever call someone. Emails for small things are not intrusive but unlikely to be forgotten, emails for big things get to put in lots of detail and provide a paper chain of what happened if needed.
Calls are for old people to feel important (or something with genuine urgency like an emergency service or a breakdown call out)

Not sure about this, the guy who always calls me is quite affiable and pleasant, he just doesn’t want to wait for the information. Occasionally we do a bit of screen sharing also, nice way to split up the day tbh.

Do get annoyed being on big calls for an hour where I’m the most junior person there with nothing to contribute, but that’s life.

This afternoon a colleague and I were on a Teams call while we both edited the same PowerBI document on the fly. That would have been a right faff if we’ been communicating by IM instead, let alone email. Plus it’s nice to have a conversation with my colleague as well [sometimes his five year old interrupts to tell him what she had for lunch]

1 Like

Might start a new ‘the hell of work’ thread, that was very good last year

Actually unbelievable I’ll have worked for 2 years by October. Not fair that I have to do this for another 30+ years ffs

My Inbox is out of control

1 Like

Hi, Inbox out of control, mine is just called gmail

1 Like

I can only suggest that you stop researching immediately.

We probably know a bit too much already

3 Likes