My Vitriol

hopefully they’re too irrelevant for most people to have noticed what they’re up to.

wait, is this just an album of rarities rather than new material?

:D:D:D thats truly amazing

yeah my understanding is that they’re recording a few songs they’ve been playing live for years but it’s not the proper follow up, that will come later and will be The Real Quiz (doubt it will ever happen obviously)

and they also claim they never said it was the second album despite literally calling it “the follow-up to finelines” in the first post about it

Really is the gift that keeps on giving. Absolute contempt for the fans

btw, did anyone else notice that the link at the end of this post, uploaded to youtube on 30th September, is still an ‘unmastered version’? :smiley:

To be fair to them, Songs like Lift, Motion Picture Soundtrack and Life in a Glass House had all been played by Radiohead between The Bends and OK Computer (as well as others) so I guess there’s nothing wrong with final studio versions of ‘legendary’ live songs?

:smiley:

definitely nothing wrong with the fact that it’s old songs, would be weirder if they never recorded them. but it’s only comparable with Radiohead if RH kept playing those few songs for years and never ever released ANYTHING

releasing those old songs as a separate sort of outtakes album before doing a proper follow up makes perfect sense, but not if you say it’s the second album and then change your mind :smiley:

holy shit

1 Like

*criticise even. Damn phone

but it is time!

1 Like

I got back from the pub a bit pissed and ended up with this:

https://soundcloud.com/bodiesunderthewaterfall/my-vitriol-drownedinsound-secret-sessions-album

Will happily try and arrange for a compilation album to be made if we get enough of these together. Bandcamp release with profits to charity or something like that. Maybe we could do a pledgemusic campaign of our own??

8 Likes

It won’t let me listen without installing SoundCloud on my phone… I’ll listen at work! Same to you @otto

Holy crap that’s amazing! Like later period Scott Walker meets MBV. An electric poltergeist is angry about delays and wants its money back.

(No idea how it sounds in relation to My Vitriol tbh)

1 Like

Like this. Much better than My Vitriol…

1 Like

That’s really nice. Reminds me of Dirty Beaches’ Stateless, but bassier.

If all the Secret Sessions tracks are this good, it might be a bit embarrassing for My Vitriol. Glad there’s a decent record coming out of this after all!

2 Likes