Naff things you actually quite like

You know when a band reforms or a band thats been going ages announce a tour and on the facebook posts theres a load of old cunts saying stuff like “Saw them in Birmingham in 1985, one of the best gigs I’ve been to” and then someone will reply saying “I was there too, great gig”. Warms my heard a bit.

16 Likes

This sort of thing.

2 Likes

http://community.drownedinsound.com

10 Likes

star wars

4 Likes

When somebody at work gets really excited telling you about the delicious meal they had recently and raves about it, but turns out it was like naff penne arrabiata from the brewers fayre or something. Quite like that.

3 Likes

I like it in films/TV when someone is like for example “Nope I’m not doing it - absolutely not. I am never ever going to wear that hat. Over my dead body. No sir. I repeat, you will never see me wearing that hat” then it quickly cuts to them wearing the hat. Gets me every time.

40 Likes

Dad jokes

3 Likes

Goes by lots of names in writing circles - the Gilligan Cut, BA Baracas Cut… I saw one of the Peep Show writers once and he called it a Bicycle Cut, after a Terry & June scene where Terry insists you’ll never catch him on a bicycle…

Was the first ever trope on TV Tropes!

9 Likes

shit office banter like person announcing they’re going to the shop or something then comes back in having forgotten something and gets a “that was quick” or whatever

love it

22 Likes

Video games
Some anime

1 Like

(non-celebrity/young party people) Coach Trip.

Not sure if it exists anymore.

3 Likes

I like it when it’s a colleagues birthday and everyone is really furtively passing their card around the office, like it would be a really horrible thing to happen if they knew you were writing on their birthday card before they actually receive it.

I think birthday cards are quite stupid but I like that part.

15 Likes

The Donnas

1 Like

@Epimer

3 Likes

Rubbish Channel 5 documentaries
Picking up a bargain from Poundstretcher/B&M/the Range
A nice carvery dinner
Going to the seaside

I’m really not very cool

2 Likes

Not this

2 Likes

wrestling
films starring wrestlers

2 Likes

The bit in Pointless where the finalists go ‘yaaayyy!’ when Alexander Armstrong (I refuse to call him ‘Xander’) tells them they’ve won themselves a Pointless trophy. Like, that was the real reason they wanted to make the final, not the opportunity to win 6 grand.

4 Likes

big fan of sherif john bunnell’s links / voiceovers like “the felon then went down a one way street but little did he know, it was a one way street… to the state penitentiary”

13 Likes
  • Sports by Huey Lewis & the News
  • The inevitability of someone saying “alright Patrick Bateman” when I mention liking Sports by Huey Lewis & the News
7 Likes