Nagging musical similarities

How you thought this this I’ve no idea. Genius

oh wow, that really is a good/bad one

1 Like

Just figured one out that I’ve been trying to place since I first heard Koi No Yokan, it’s like a weight has been lifted.

The outro to Rosemary by Deftones

The intro to Daughter (1989 Demo) by The Smashing Pumpkins

Had this recently with the intro to Joy Downer’s Over & Out.

(Warning: the start of this video contains James Corden)

and I had a whole song in my head that I could not place until after about 24 hours it suddenly came to me:

and it’s only the most vague of connections when you actually compare. Weird.

1 Like

This part of this track

always makes me think of

Can’t help singing Bigmouth Strikes again (“…and now I know how Joan of Arc felt”) over the piano in this otherwise great song, The definition of nagging, it just keeps resurfacing, making me sing that line in my head over and over and over and over and over.

Lovely stuff. Playing the Doctors theme tune on guitar is my oft requested party piece.

1 Like

the intro to this sounds like Tarantula by the :rotating_light: :rotating_light: :rotating_light:s

2 Likes

This one sounds pretty much spot on to me.

1 Like

To make you all love him even more…

Vocal melody on the verse is almost identical to

And the Offspring’s “why dont you get a job” is just Ob-La-Di-Ob-La-Da, no?

1 Like

Was listening to the new Throwing Snow record and this track

reminds me a lot of this highlight from Sofia Kourtesis’ self-titled EP from 2019

1 Like

I remember irritating myself with this one, whenever Fat White Family - Feet came on, I’d end up singing along with the chorus to Moby’s Extreme Ways (‘oh baby, oh baby, then it fell apart, it fell apart’)

Not really a musical similarity, but there’s an 070 Shake song called Microdosing and every time she says it, it sounds like she’s saying Michael Dawson and I can’t get it out of my head.

1 Like

THE WHOLE PLACE IS DARK

1 Like

Just heard this in a Kellogg’s advert. My French is awful but I’m pretty sure that title doesn’t translate to ‘Holy Mountain’….

I am the king of the divan!

Havent seen the ad - have they written some cereal based lyrics to the tune?