name a better video game than Tetris

prefer columns to tetris as it’s less predictable and more satisfying to get big combos, tetris you just stack and wait for the long block

1 Like

Picross is up there too as it’s also just a simple set of rules that always applies regardless of the puzzle you are solving

1 Like

F-Zero GX

1 Like

not played that one but the N64 one is real good and I might say the only N64 game that is still fun to play today

Barely played the N64 one, but I hear that GX is a better game but the earlier ones have a bit more charm in the aesthetic at least.

GX was a tonne of fun though

1 Like

ET on the Atari 2600

2 Likes

Super puzzle fighter 2

I’m currently partial to a bit of tetr.io, my 40 line sprint PB is down to 1.08.

Command & Conquer: Red Alert

Tekken 3

3 Likes

5 Likes

Portal. The only perfect game ever made.

4 Likes

the cake song stuff is pretty cringe though

Haxball

Closest yet

1 Like

Columns

1 Like

(I was just trying to play along with the spirit of the thread by suggesting that the only game better than Tetris is the better looking version of Tetris)

1 Like

Haven’t played this but it has a bigger number therefore it is better but not as good as Tetris 99

1 Like

The internet memes are a bit much, but as an accompaniment to the credits it’s fine imo.

1 Like

I like the gameplay but the whole “oops you fell to your death, have a nice day!” sassy corporate dystopia really grates on me after a while. Maybe it felt different back in 2005 or whenever it was

yusss! :european_post_office: :building_construction: :pickup_truck: