Name an act you’re worried has retired from music

Let’s see if collectively DiSsers know what they’re up to (have also popped this on FB and Twitter if you wanna reply there)

Hospitality

Really loved their last album and it blew my mind to realise it’s nearly a decade old

Stina Nordenstam. One public appearance since 2004 as far as I know. In 2004 she released my favourite album of all time so it’d be nice to have her back.

Actually feel bad posting this because it may be the case she just wants a quiet life.

8 Likes

Constantly think Andre 3000 won’t release an album of his own stuff or perform live ever again, just show up for a guest verse every 3 years then fuck off to play his flute in airports round America.

10 Likes

Frank Ocean.

Errors

11 Likes

Fuck Buttons

(less retiring and more just split into two solo acts)

11 Likes

obvious one, but Boards of Canada. I’d love them back for my own sake, 100%, but more for the poor guy that runs the bocpages website/ instagram - that guy is on like his 13th year of squeezing so much content out of virtually nothing.

21 Likes

Joanna Newsom

8 Likes

Pretty sure this is the case – what little info I’ve come across over the years suggests she’s opted for a quiet life of being a non-famous music teacher.

1 Like

Circle Takes The Square :disappointed_relieved: :disappointed_relieved: :disappointed_relieved:

Nearly ten years since Decompositions “volume 1”.

3 Likes

There are some very very very vague suggestions that something might be on the horizon (and even vaguer suggestions that the only thing holding it up is the vinyl pressing plant delays)

3 Likes

yeah, i’d seen that - ironically on bocpages. fingers crossed!

1 Like

in an instagram Q&A earlier in the year Stuart from Mogwai mentioned that Errors had been about to announce a reunion show or something before covid happened and stalled it. so it may happen eventually.

3 Likes

The Soundcarriers

3 great albums, final one in 2014 was the best. Presume they called it a day.

1 Like

Don’t say this! Please leave me happily in my denial that she’s working on her next masterpiece!

(What a way to finish if it were true though. For me, that’s an actual 100% perfect body of work of artistic genius. So comfortably the greatest of her generation.)

2 Likes

My Vitriol.

I’m not worried, but I’m concerned about the thousands and thousands (of real people. Definitely real people) who sent positive messages to them during the Pledge campaign.

2 Likes

They released something on to Spotify earlier this year - wasn’t amazing, but was something :slight_smile:

Cliff Richards

I haven’t Googled her recently but what’s Nina Nastasia up to?