Name an artist you reckon no one has thought about in years

N-Type
D-1

Sky clad were terrible in fairness

1 Like

That’s a very fair assumption. And one I wouldn’t argue with :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Great shout. Did they have an album called Real Feelness? I think they did…*

*Correction - it was The Pattern, who I therefore nominate for this thread.

1 Like

The Beatings had an EP called Bad Feeling. Easy mistake to make :joy:

1 Like

She, Sir
The Sky Drops

Basically loads of those nu-gaze bands.

2 Likes

$10 bill is amazing.

I still think about them a lot (not least because of that Human Impact album that I discovered via these good boards). Them supporting Therapy? at my student union remains one of my favourite gigs/artist combos ever, 27 (eek) years on

2 Likes

:100: this. Saw them a few times back in the day and they were always great live. First and second albums are fantastic. Seemed to go a bit downhill once Daren and Mike left the band. This is my go-to banger:

4 Likes

Since we’ve already had Dogs Die in Hot Cars, Kerbdog, Groop Dogdrill and Snoop Dog, may as well throw in Dog Eat Dog.

1 Like

The horror :grimacing:

:smile: It might have been better to let sleeping dogs lie.

2 Likes

My main Dot eat Dog memory is them performing with the leprechauns on Live and Kicking.

1 Like

I had ‘No Fronts’ on cassette and played it to death when I was about 8. Think it had no B side just several remixes/extended version/a capella version. Ahh the good old days

4 Likes

And not forgetting the perennially unGoogleable

2 Likes

You could also say Dogs D’Amour but they were once big enough to be on (the recently repeated) 1989 Top of the Pops and there are good odds a close friend of mine (who wants to be the Michael Monroe of East Lancashire) is listening to them right now.

Played ten dollar Bill to my kids and asked them who it sounded like - the shriek at the start, tribal drums and whistles - Adam and the Ants - yes kids!!!

1 Like

Saw Cop Shoot Cop open the main stage on the Sunday of reading '94, a day that also featured The Jesus Lizard, Helmet, The Wildhearts, Senser, Therapy? and The Rollins Band (before RHCP stuck up the finale) - was a fairly intense day tbh tbf…

1 Like

The Stone Roses

1 Like