Name changes

That’s a lovely middle name! -ina names are absolutely great!

2 Likes

Name change? :wink: Though make sure you change it to Coop and drop the -er, no one ever called me Coop :cry:

When you said you were changing from Billy it made me think of Billy Corgan who I think has gone full William, not sure how successful it’s been.

Done

https://community.drownedinsound.com/badges/103/marckee-has-apologised-to-me

Only holder :joy:

4 Likes

Should still be a film pun. How about FromHereTonyTernity @anon5266188 ?

No, sorry.

John F Kennedy was also called Jack a lot, wasn’t he? I have a feeling that’s where I first picked up on that.

When you said:

Only thing stopping me is having weird conversations with people who know me about it.

I assume you mean after the fact? Or do your friends find the idea really strange and put you off it?

I assumed at first you wanted to adopt your FB “nom de plume”

Reading that I first thought of the shortening for Colonel. I have a colleague who’s called ‘The Major’. This is because his first three initials are MAJ and once in a hotel in Asia on a business trip they misread this as Major ______ and called him as such.

So I guess what I’m saying is you should rebrand as ‘The Colonel’. :smiley:

2 Likes

:smiley: that can be my affectionate nickname when I’m a big shot musician

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

What if they called him ‘Co-Op’, though? People are always looking for ways to fuck up names :smiley:

1 Like

My Facebook name is annoying because people tagging the River Irwell (why would you?) keep tagging me instead, but I quite like being a body of water. I’d have a far more exciting name though. I sometimes write under Wren Wilding, which I am a big fan of (and Wilding is a family name so kind of connected).

3 Likes

Thinly veiled ‘I don’t listen to my elders and so need disciplining’.

Theo, you’re no Jack Kennedy.

I know someone who goes by Nick, Ben and Dr Rock

1 Like

Thank god for that. Did you read how he treated JFK’s sister?