NaNoWriMo 2018

Anyone else planning to resign themselves to a 2019 attempt this year?

https://nanowrimo.org/

Might do in a bid to get my dissertation rolling. Haven’t done it since like 2007.

the name ‘nanowrimo’ really pisses me off for some reason, but good luck to everyone doing it.

8 Likes

Every year I say I’ll do this, every year I fail. My pal is doing a 500 word a day thing instead, which is a little more feasible so I might try that.

Don’t really have any solid concepts/characters in my head that I want to write about, either. But, safety in numbers and all that! I’ll give it a go if you are :smiley:

1 Like

One of my mates is 20,000 words in and is using this as his push towards finishing.

I’ve had a couple of ideas in my head for years that I think would be interesting. If I haven’t started by Friday, it’ll be next year though.

Feel like there should be a UK version for December. I mean the notion is, that in the States you get Thanksgiving weekend so there’s a block at the end of 4 days off to help complete.

Anyway I JUST did it in 2005 when I was single and there was no phone Internet to distract me. So I am fully impressed by anyone who can achieve this.

1 Like

No chance

NaNOWriMo

6 Likes

Nah, No WriMo.

6 Likes

Ooh, possibly. I don’t really want to put my other writing project on the back burner though… Hmm…

did anyone ever read it?

edit: not having a go or anything. can imagine if i did something like this there’s no way i’d want to show it to anyone

1 Like

Oh fuck no.

I actually went back 6 months after and added ~30K words and deleted about ~10K. What I ended up with was 70K uninteresting novel but a sense of satisfaction from having ‘completed’ it.

3 Likes

I mean the original 50K was a complete story but it was so completely messy it needed the editing to make full sense.

BiMonSciFiCon

2 Likes

Would do, but I should really finish some of the articles\reviews I’m currently working on.