NaNoWriMo 2019

don’t have the attention span to write unfortunately

Yeah, it’s obviously not, but the idea is that it’s a moment of intense focus and activity that kickstarts the process and forces people to put pen to paper / fingers to keys and not procrastinate.

1 Like

yeah I guess there’s value in that - though, call me a cynic, but I’d guess it probably results in burn out as much as anything else

Absolutely, I average about 10,000 words a year, yet all those attempts are more than anything else I ever try to write so :man_shrugging:

1 Like

this sounds like a great idea, especially if youre worried about dialogue and it being a bit cliche. reminds me a bit of the book of world war z

2 Likes

I once wrote a zombie story that was presented as a magazine article about the making of a film

no one has ever finished a nanowrimo project

Good luck to everybody trying this. And remember if you don’t know what to write next:

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ChandlersLaw

Who the fuck has time for about 4-5 hours writing EVERY DAY for a whole month? Seems more of a daunting task then writing a book over the course of years to me.

Might finish-up a pamphlet that I’ve been writing about Brexit :thinking:

Last year my boss went on holiday and I just did a couple of hours each afternoon for a couple of weeks. Fucking glory days.

I’m going to half heartedly do it to make me get a move on with the stuff I wrote for my MA

Maybe you could talk 50,000 words into a dictaphone?