South Carriage Drive
To celebrate the latest round of matches to qualify for the World Cup, we will have our own international friendly, against the equally mighty National FC. There may be one or more Austrians involved.
For those of you who haven’t been before and are scared to go south of the river, the all-weather pitches are in the south-west corner of the park, next to the children’s playground.
As always with international friendlies, we’ll have a proper FA referee, so bring your shinpads and practice those throw-ins.
We have another international confirmed for Saturday 21 October against Cardiff City Journalists FC at Market Road (12 PM kick-off). Reds v Blues games will continue in November, albeit in a different format and at a different location …
- we play on a full-sized astro-turf pitch
- they don’t allow anyone to play in studded boots – even moulded. They insist on astroturf boots or trainers, and they do come out and check as well!!!
- there are changing and showering facilities
- 10 min walk from Battersea Park rail station and Queenstown Road rail station
- 20 min walk from Sloane Square tube station (District and Circle lines)
- these buses pass by or near the Park: 19, 44, 49, 137, 156, 239, 319, 344, 345, 452
- arrive at 4 PM for warm-up, tactics discussion, pre-match fags, team pictures, etc.
- full 2 x 45 minutes and injury time + 15 min break
- normal FA rules, but with rolling subs
- outfit = red shirts / white shorts / white socks
- final team will be announced on the Thursday before the game
- 7 pounds per player will be collected on the day
- post-match analysis in the nearby Prince Albert on Albert Bridge Road
You know the drill by now: sign up below if you want to be considered for selection. Applications from specialists (i.e. goalkeepers) will be viewed favourably.