National Lottery

You’ll need to win £35m for that to be true, if you assume a very generous 5% interest.

1 Like

I’d go on Below Deck

2 Likes

It’s a 50/50 chance to be fair. You either win or you don’t.

4 Likes

I will never so lucky dip ever apart from euromillions. But the problem with euromillions is that literally no one knows the rules so they just pretend no one has won every week.

Maybe the advisor had put it all into GME for them

2 Likes

It was a long time ago and my memory may not be entirely accurate. Maybe it was during their time on holiday.

1 Like

Assuming a £1+m win

• Buying a copy of Winrar
  • I don’t think so

0 voters

“1 2 3 4 5 6 has as good a chance of winning as any other set of numbers”

• yes, true
  • absolutely not, fuck off

0 voters

I don’t understand this one, what am I missing?

It’s obviously true that it does have the same odds as any other set, problem is you’d be sharing the jackpot with loads of other people.

2 Likes

Look if it was that obviously true it would have happened by now

1 Like

IIRC Winrar is a software programme used for unzipping files that was free but had a voluntary payment option. No one ever used that voluntary payment option.

1 Like

nope. i don’t care what the maths nerds say, it’s never happening

2 Likes

Think this is as close as anywhere has come:

Winning with loads of other people would be such a strange sense of disappointment. Euphoria mixed with complete anticlimax.

Think I’d hate to win the lottery

just guilt and stress for the rest of your life

I used to be in a syndicate at work many years ago, I always put the same numbers on again myself so that if we won the jackpot with my numbers I’d have (in theory) half the jackpot plus one tenth of the other half. Always liked to imagine their faces when I did the big reveal.

7 Likes

I’m old so remember this ITV kids drama. Pre lottery of course. Do you even know what the Pools is?

Snooker for Americans

2 Likes