🏀 NBA 2021-22 - Get Switch or Die Tryin' 🏀

Training camps open tomorrow, thought we could use a thread on what should be a very interesting season…

Will the Nets live up to the hype, or will Kyrie’s antivaxx stance derail their whole season?

Where will Ben Simmons be playing in December, Philly, Minnesota or Guangzhou?

LeBron: MVP or the beginning of the end?

Will the Raptors surprise everyone and make the playoffs with ease? yes indeed

1 Like

“Unsatisfied” is a tune

oh I was wondering if there was a new thread yet

Screenshot_20211003-233939_Chrome

can’t believe I didn’t notice this before :boot:

also: Bembry and Millsap are at the Nets now?

Jordan and Nunn are at the Lakers now?

(think I knew about Nunn, actually)

anyway!

Hawks for the East, 70+ wins, WORLD CHAMPS in 6 against… the Suns

either that, or the Bucks to repeat

interested to see how the Bulls go with DeRozan & Zo added to Vuč & LaVine

also interested to see how the Wizards shape up with their post-Westbrook haul, and how the young Rockets push on

Regarding the Hawks, I tend to agree with Zach Lowe’s take that they’ll be a better team this year, but not get as far in the playoffs.

if they get going and keep the key pieces fit, they can go to the finals

I expect other teams to improve (Bulls, Heat), but once Hawks are fit and firing (they are… not, not just yet), they can go toe-to-toe with anyone

Cam and Dre Hunter being fit will be huge. like, both guys are defensive studs with improving scoring. and Cam will be starting from the bench!

this dunk, btw

1 Like

I actually think both the Bulls and Heat are quite overrated, and Philly have a lot of potential if they can shift that Australian nincompoop for something good (CJ McCollum?). Hawks will be right in the mix, but I can’t see anything other than a Nets/Bucks ECF, even if Kyrie skips the season for… reasons. Guess it depends on playoff seeding.

These names are a blast from the past, immediately transported me back to late 00s fantasy basketball anxiety.

1 Like

Any interest in a fantasy NBA dynasty league? I’ve got precisely one season of experience under my belt now, so ready to take it on. Could join one with randoms but would rather do DiS and DiS adjacent. We’ll have to get cracking if we do. I’ve set it up and if I get 8 people playing, great. If not, never mind.

Go on then

1 Like

yes please

@profk @almal100 @Avery how about it?

@shrewbie I might have given you bad advice

(only preseason, but… oh no)

i’m down.

hope that aggro guy joins again but is now really chill.

1 Like

now the deficit is like 70 points

@profk @jont2001 @anon95374812 if you guys are interested, sign up on the link above ASAP - we’ll do a slow draft and I’ll start it as soon as we’ve got the 8. You’ll get four hours per pick, but obviously you don’t have to take four hours, and I’ll pause it overnight. Hopefully we’ll squeeze it in before the season starts.

I think that would leave us one more spot, four are taken already.

2 Likes

No thanks, I tried it last year but couldn’t get into it, I’ll leave it for someone who can get more involved

1 Like

We’re at 7/8, one spot left. Will leave it open for a while, then I’ll see if I can round up a UK random from Sleeper.

Heat resting all their main guys, but Trae still looks mean af tonight. mid-season form, but looking even better than he’s ever looked in any mid-season

like the playoffs were his Frieza Saga and he’s come back from space on another level entirely