šŸ‘” Sticking it to The Man - self-serve checkout edition (rolling) šŸ‘”

That is to everyone who stalks their Broccoli

FTFY

2 Likes

^this, unless I genuinely canā€™t find a product on the A-Z. But I think this has happened maybe twice in my life.

Broccoli stalks taste good
wtf

2 Likes

Itā€™s the PRINCIPLE of sticking one to the man. They canā€™t fool me into paying for a broccoli stalk so I ainā€™t having it.

1 Like

Use the stalk in Broccoli soup then? You lot are all ā€˜save the worldā€™ this and ā€˜FOOD WASTE PILE RALLYā€™ that but you decide certain things are fair gameā€¦bizarre.

I mean more that the sealed plastic ones are 65p or something so the loose ones are cheaper, hence me not caring that much.

I use mine in broccoli pesto.

1 Like

ITT: a load of babies who have a massive cry when they have to eat broccoli stalk.

2 Likes

How do you prepare them? Just chop them up like carrots for stir-fries or something? Not a dig itā€™s just not a piece of the vegetable Iā€™ve never found a use for.

Exactly this
WHO is using a broccoli stalk for anything

Post canā€™t be empty

I read that and chose to ignore it because of ā€œbroccoli pestoā€

7 Likes

No restraining order can stop me.

Youā€™re missing out mate.

Donā€™t use much of the stalk, mind.

SEE

I peel onions before putting them on the scales. I might end up crying but I save a couple of pence each time so itā€™s not me who looks like the mug.

4 Likes

Big bag of cat litterā€™s a bit heavy so Iā€™ve taken to just putting it on the floor, scanning the rest of the stuff through, picking it back up and leaving
Iā€™m aware this is morally dubious but the cats donā€™t seem to mind

1 Like

Steam them

1 Like