Neil Young Listening Club

Its time. The man, the myth, the legend, the Canadian heartthrob Neil Percival Young is due a career retrospective appraisal as appointed by the lovely members of the DiS community. I welcome you to explore the journey over the course of the next couple of years ( :smile:).

For purposes of the listening club we will only be focusing on the solo works of Mr. Young, so no CSNY, Buffalo Springfield, Mynah Birds, Squires. New album debuting every Monday in chronological order. We will include studio albums, a few compilations, live releases (although for the archival live releases I will be spanning these out by release date, mainly 21st century), movie soundtracks, even an obscure EP.

We will all have more gray hairs by the end of this, but looking forward to taking the journey with you all. On that note I present NY’s debut solo record for discussion this week.

(Released 1/22/69, β€œNeil Young”)

Happy listening!

25 Likes

so in for this

14 Likes

Yes Neiler!

5 Likes

ace cover for your first solo album innit

4 Likes

cheers for doing this buddy :+1:

1 Like

I even had it painted for me. :smiley:

8 Likes

Yes, good to have a reason to properly explore his catalogue.

1 Like

This is going to be so good

1 Like

Absolutely in.

2 Likes

Easily the best thing to come out of lockdown so far.

2 Likes

Oh shit

1 Like

I’m really looking forward to this. I know the obvious ones but never dug too deep. Thanks for doing this!

1 Like

Reading the Crosby Stills Nash and Young biography that came out last year. So ready for this!

1 Like

Neil Young Pony Club

2 Likes

Thread already bearing fruit with the revelation of his middle name

2 Likes

eric

1 Like

I’m going to try to ride this train. Beyond a few songs I’ve never quite gotten why he’s so revered, but this seems like a good way to explore further.

2 Likes

Fixed.

10 Likes

giphy

2 Likes

We just doing this anytime or at a set time?