Neil Young Listening Club

Never heard this one before, having given it a wide berth. Turns it out it’s… pretty half-arsed, really. Turns out Neil’s electric car wasn’t the most inspiring subject matter after all (and also ruined all his stuff)

Fuel Line is pretty fun though

1 Like

we’re properly into the doldrums now, aren’t we? Looks like a brilliant idea to do the archive releases by release instead of performance otherwise we’d be in for months of dross, with only Psychedelic Pill to pick it up a bit.

3 Likes

This is one of his worst, but I like Le Noise and may even defend Americana. The period between the last 2 Crazy Horse albums is pretty much indefensible, though.

I’ll give you Le Noise, and I will be intrigued to hear a defence of Americana…

All right, all right. Onwards and upwards we go.

Up next: Neil hits the vaults for his first big box set.

Ladies and gentleman for your listening pleasure this week, I present to you…

(Released June 2nd, 2009, “The Archives Volume I, 1963-1972”)

2 Likes

This one is a long one, make sure you do your due diligence. :laughing: It flies by though, fantastic. Didn’t get around to Fork in the Road last week, will rectify this week.

I was not expecting this one! Enough to make me wish I was still furloughed

2 Likes

Reckon we need a 4wk break to properly digest this

1 Like

Yeah was thinking maybe two weeks for this one, but since only a couple people left hanging around we will just roll through. :rofl:

I’m in it guys but have major catchup to do. Vol 2 showed up last week!

1 Like

I’m still here! Just not got much to say about fork in the road really. Was very forgettable and only listened once.

Happy to just have a week on archives. Probably won’t listen to it all during that time but it’ll give me something to dip back into when we move onto something more recent next week.

1 Like

Oh no worries folks if I’m the last one standing talking to myself over the next 30 weeks :laughing: it was a worthwhile thread for me.

1 Like

I’m still listeni… Tbh I’ve barely listened since Weld, but I’m still dropping in occasionally!

If you only listen to one thing on here then make it the 15 min version of ‘Words’. It’s absolutely superb.

1 Like

Still going and listening. Great thread

4 Likes

Yeah it’s been good to have a reason to listen through the monolithic back catalogue NY has. Even if that has meant listening to the 80s doldrums

1 Like

I lived for the 80s doldrums!!

1 Like

Masochist

1 Like

Yeah Fork in The Road is just plain awful, no getting around it. Have a copy of his book Special Deluxe which I guess is about his love for cars as well. Haven’t read it, has anyone? Listening to this one made me almost want to trash it lol.

Diving in Archives Vol 1, now.

1 Like

Here’s a hot take off Archives, The Squires were better than Buffalo Springfield. :grinning:

1 Like