Neon Genesis Evangelion

5 Likes

Amazing!

1 Like
5 Likes
3 Likes

Watching the rebuilds at the mo. They’re good! Done no. 2 now, Zuriel battle did not disappoint…

Fan service stuff is still weird (doesn’t excuse it all but I think it’s being done in a deliberate/pointed way)

2 Likes

It’s this any good?

No idea!
Might be worth a wee look anyway.

1 Like

7.8 in IMDB.

1 Like

Worth a punt on an episode or two at least for free I reckon.

Wow: “from a concept of Hayao Miyazaki, and directed by Hideaki Anno”

3 Likes

Heard there’s even a suggestion that Evangelion can be viewed as a “rebuild” of this and so that had me intrigued

2 Likes

Sold!

1 Like

Just wish ITVX was on the ps4

8 Likes

Obvs a year out here but 3+1 was unbridled
excellence imo. A perfect ending

2 Likes

Interesting! I thought there was a lot to like about it (mainly the Ghibli assisted stuff in the village) but on the whole it left me cold in a way EoE never did. Quite hard to judge though, because I can only view it compared to the originals.

I loved the sheer insanity and spectacle of EoE but this worked so well for me and didn’t exactly hold back on the madness :crazy_face: will probably watch the og series and EoE again and reassess as it has been a little while. Overall look and feel of it was the best it’s ever looked as well but I found the whole thing absolutely captivating. Just needed more Asuka.

Would absolutely love to see 3+1 in the cinema.

Agreed on the village stuff, was possible my favourite moment of the entire thing.

Now that he’s been super clear in it that that was the ‘final’ evangelion stuff, we’re all looking forward to a live action version in 10 years yeah? That also brings in content from all other iterations? Yes?

1 Like

Anybody want this?

(Free)

2 Likes
6 Likes

I could watch this over and over again

1 Like

Listened to the full(?) version for the first time and there’s a sick solo in the middle of it

How can this bop bang anymore than it already did?

4 Likes