Neptune's Pride

Think this got mentioned in an old gaming thread, but would anyone be interested in playing a game?

https://np.ironhelmet.com/

It’s a free-to-play online strategy game for up to 16 players - goal is to conquer 50% of the galaxy, and it’s played in real time over a few weeks. You can (allegedly) manage by logging in once a day and making your moves, although you’ll probably invest a little more time than that (there’s also the option to make it turn based so it’s less intense if people prefer). Sorta like a really dumbed down Stellaris with more of a focus on high level strategy, diplomancy and back-stabbery.

Last (only) time I played this it tore our friendship group apart. There’s still one person I don’t speak to. It was GREAT.

• Yes I would like to play this game
  • NEEEEEERRRRRDD

0 voters

Yes it did get mentioned in an old thread

1 Like

YES OMG I FUCKING LOCE ATUFF LIKE THIS

1 Like

I can’t do this, the last time I participated in one of these things I was setting alarms for 4am to fuck over some Americans. It got out of hand.

I wish everyone else the best of luck.

6 Likes

I immediately hire @Epimer as my director of strategy

1 Like

This also reminded me that I bought Stellaris about two months ago and haven’t played it yet

It’s superb

I’ve heard really good things! Think I loaded it once, went… ooh this is a real rainy day indoors all afternoon job… whenever I get one!

1 Like

Absolutely in, such a great game but it gets so intense! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

This used happen in our work ones too, so much so that we had to have a “no launching attacks after 10pm” rule in our most recent game

3 Likes

Pfft. Fucking casuals.

2 Likes

BAMP

is it like conquer club but in space? used to play conquer club with dissers like 10 years ago, I was pretty bad at it iirc

Never played it but had a quick look and looks kinda similar?

:smiley:

:sob:

@anon67149139 @Twinkletoes @cutthelights I’ve roped in my brother and a mate to play a game of you guys are still interested, will make 6 of us overall. @shrewbie not sure if you were interested at all as well.

No worries at all if you’ve changed your mind or would rather not play with non-dissers (although they’ve both aqos’d in the past). And if anyone else is keen it’s not too late :+1:

3 Likes

Still interested! :alien: :rocket: :gun:

1 Like

Whenever this thread turns up I’m always disappointed that it isn’t about splashback.

Please enjoy your game.

1 Like

Right so it turns out you need to pay for a premium subscription to create a game now - bleh. So instead of that, we can just join one of the random open games. Will mean we need to wait for other randos on the internet (or draft in 2 more people) to join up and fill up the spaces before the game starts.

@Twinkletoes @cutthelights @anon67149139 are you guys happy with that? If so I’ll send round a link to an open game in the next day or two as soon as one pops up with space for us all.

2 Likes

I’m super chill bro

1 Like