Nerds, help me

those options he mentions don’t exist when i go into that menu, BUT, i followed a different solution on the next page of that thread that doesn’t seem to have fixed it 100% but so far seems to have improved it a fair bit. thanks!

This has happened to me. It’s so fucking annoying. The video momentarily goes ahead of the audio and then freezes until the audio has caught up with it. Been doing it for over a month.

If you need what’s in front of you to speed up, back away really slowly then run up dead fast on it when you want to watch the bit you want.

1 Like

Elli rollback your windows to the last time you remember it working correctly and wait for the next system update before downloading any more windows updates. Believe you can find this feature by typing system restore or rollback in the search bar in the start menu.

Just looked
type ‘roll back to an earlier build’ in the start menu & see if that works for the time being

Seems like it may be a hardware fault. Could be that the laptop is overheating and messing with the motherboard maybe? Doesn’t sound good : (

Almost certain it’s not hardware, this doesn’t tend to happen when shits overheating. Stuff just runs slow and then the computer shuts off. Probably a problem deep within his windows update install which has caused issues, whether it be driver fault/compatibility issues or a corrupted .dll file. I think rolling back and then trying to install the update again may fix it. But do check it works fine after you’ve gone back to the last build to see if it works first to see if we’re golden on the last version of windows.

1 Like

not sure, i had an old laptop that used to overheat and turn itself off. this one is shit but usually in less annoying ways. these particular faults seem to have sprung up since the last BIG update windows 10 did, and it’s not the first time those updates/upgrades have fucked with some obscure settings on me.

Ok regards the lagging video. Might be worth checking the power settings are set to balanced.

have you checked your ears? there might be bits of biscuit etc stuck in there

3 Likes

it was set to high performance, so i’ve switched to balanced - is that likely to help or is it more the other way around? so far videos seem in sync again but don’t wanna speak too soon.

You want balanced.

cool, i’ll see how this goes. thanks! :slight_smile:

oh, nope, still fucked, haha. can probably ride it out til i get a replacement, i’ve just been watching everything via chromecast instead